My Corsa Exhaust Broke Today

I fixed the exxhaust leak, thats what that weird ass noise was. Its fine now. I got my care package today- he sent me a hat and a t-shirt. So I guess they were glad I fixed it myself instead of them having to send me a whole new section.

I had a weld on my Corsa muffler develop a hole. I called, the guy asked me to email him a pic, so I did. Within a day I was notified that they were sending me a new muffler for exchange, and to ship the old one back when I received the new one. The guy said he really wanted to get mine back into their R&D lab or whatever too so they could figure out what happened. They were 100% on top of my situation...it's weird that they didn't do the same for you. Seemed like they were very concerned with the problem I was having.

I did not have my original proof of purchase, but I told them when I got it (probably 2003) and which shop I got it from and that seemed to be enough for them. My kit is 5 years old and probably has 90,000 miles on it and they warrantied it with no issue.

Edited by thunder550 (see edit history)

Thats weird, I guess they are more used to having problems with the muffler itself than the welds on the rest of the exhaust. Im surprised it doesnt break in that same spot on other peoples exhausts, its really thin there and the weld doesnt overlap at all...

He took care of me for fixing it myself though so its no big deal, it only took me a little over an hour and cost me $15

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got a picture of what I did to fix it- heres my exhaust coupler I got midas to make and I welded it on, still working great... you can see where the exhaust leak was blowing on the anti-seize I put in there but I got it fixed.

2557122072_1afc41f2bb.jpg