Island Dragway (nj) Friday May 23rd Track Night

I was tolking to ED today and he is planing on getting there around 5 ish ..........

devin = 11 sec GTO

EDIE MACK = 11 SSS

That will be a goooood race

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was tolking to ED today and he is planing on getting there around 5 ish ..........

devin = 11 sec GTO

EDIE MACK = 11 SSS

That will be a goooood race

It will be pretty bad scenario to loose to a 6,000 lbs truck. I may never show my face in public if that happens.

Now I can only wish for a nice low DA tomorrow so I can run 11s (Low DAs at Island? I doubt that!).I just got to get to work at 4am tomorrow so i can leave at 12 and install the drag bags so I can put the 275s back there!

Edited by devinsgn (see edit history)

Since the weather is going to be so nice, and not too hot (actually cool, I think) , I've decided to take ALL the weight I can out of the back of the truck tonight and see if I can get the kind of time I've been hoping to get. :chevy: Off comes the hard cover, tools out, bed mat out, spare out, tailgate off. I'm figuring that's close to 200 pounds. I'll be happy if I go a couple of tenths quicker... :chevy:

The DA doesn't look like its going to be terrible its going to be right around 1100 FT

That's damn good for Island. Keep in mind that Island is in the middle of the swamp and the humidity is always very high. Track gets cold and slick as the sun falls. I expect some good times tonight for you all!

I at least cracked 12.80s (1 tenth SLOWER then my PB with just Long tubes!) for the last run. Figured out that the IAT relocate kit doesnt work well with the tune I got. Traction an issue to go any faster. So that will get fixed tomorrow.

I have some fine tuning to work out......a small KR issue, burst knock, and some shift point adjustments for the DRs(damn rev-limiter!). Had an awesome time last night beating up on imports! :smash::chevy:

I have some fine tuning to work out......a small KR issue, burst knock, and some shift point adjustments for the DRs(damn rev-limiter!). Had an awesome time last night beating up on imports! :smash::chevy:

Any new times dan?

Any new times dan?

A new best 60' to date, 2.05, but no new ETs...........i'm stuck in a 14.2xx slump LOL. The two passes I made on the DRs would have had a lower ET last night had I not bounced off the rev limiter 2-3 times at the top of second before shifting. I am not tuned for the smaller diameter DRs. :chevy: