Powdercoating Spindes

Hey guys, I just got some Mcgaughy's drop spindles for my truck, and I just took them to get powdercoated. Won't get them back for a week, so I can still call them if I need to give them any special intructions or anything. Anyways, are the tolerances pretty tight on these? Should I have them coat everything but the holes, or will it be OK to just coat the whole thing but the threaded hole? What about the (shiny) part of the face, the triangular part with the three holes, should this part be covered or can it be coated? This is kinda hard to describe, so if I'm not being clear let me know. TIA.

Hey guys, I just got some Mcgaughy's drop spindles for my truck, and I just took them to get powdercoated. Won't get them back for a week, so I can still call them if I need to give them any special intructions or anything. Anyways, are the tolerances pretty tight on these? Should I have them coat everything but the holes, or will it be OK to just coat the whole thing but the threaded hole? What about the (shiny) part of the face, the triangular part with the three holes, should this part be covered or can it be coated? This is kinda hard to describe, so if I'm not being clear let me know. TIA.

id keep the bearing hole clean on the inside triagular hole bolt holes and the mating surface where the caliper bracket touches the knuckle also the tapered tie rod hole :cheers:

I powdercoat these on a regular basis, the only thing they need to plug are the threaded hols in the top. That is where the bracket for the break line attaches.

Cool, I told them to only worry about the threaded hole up top, but after looking through some other posts, I noticed the some didn't spray paint the holes, so I got kinda worried considering that powdercaoting is a bit thicker than a coat of spray. Thanks for the responses.