Attention: All Michigan Drivers - Seat Belt Tickets Coming

No offense taken, not looking for an argument....just merely making an observation thats all. :cheers:

I know it has been 9 years almost exactly, but it's never to late to say that I am sorry for your loss. I have been down that road before too and it's never easy to deal with. :happysad:

:cheers: every day it gets better, but there is that one damn day a year that just shuts me down... and its not far off :(

I have similar feelings to you Chris, but 180 degrees around. I actually almost ran over an ejected person on 235 north bound by Euclid exit. He was the seatbeltless driver of a little Mustang that hit a center divider while he was swerving to miss merging traffic... He was in the "fast lane" of traffic just as I pulled out to pass slower traffic, luckily I saw his friends standing near him on the shoulder and had time to yank it back into the other lane. We went back to block traffic while they pulled him off a safe distance, but he was already dead.

I'm like Nashss now, can't drive through a parking lot without it. Every once in a while, I have a dream about it too... wish I could shake it. :cry2:

WOW. Didnt mean to start a debate over whether to wear seat belts. It was a more FYI for michiganders to be able to avoid those areas as there will be traffic jams more than likely in the southern eastern locations. Last time they did this, they tied up traffic on the 696/275 exchange for over an hour. Not because they shut donw lanes, but all the dam gawkers, etc. I wear my seat belt 99% of the time, but every once in a while I will forget about it and be a mile or two down the road.

Since we are on the subject though, I think seat belts DO save lives, however, I also believe that as a human being, I have the right to choose whether or not to wear it. Mandatory seat belt law is a "government knows whats best for you" law. Why dont they ban/prohibit someone from smoking at all, not just public places? That kills more than seatbeltless drivers! Its not about just saving lives, it IS about revenue, no matter how you slice it. They say that the usage rate is 94%!!! Thats high, very high. The mere fact that they intend to get to 100% is ludicrous. There. I agree seat belts save lives, but also believe government has no business in my rights to choose whether I want to utilize something or not.

WOW. Didnt mean to start a debate over whether to wear seat belts. It was a more FYI for michiganders to be able to avoid those areas as there will be traffic jams more than likely in the southern eastern locations. Last time they did this, they tied up traffic on the 696/275 exchange for over an hour. Not because they shut donw lanes, but all the dam gawkers, etc. I wear my seat belt 99% of the time, but every once in a while I will forget about it and be a mile or two down the road.

Since we are on the subject though, I think seat belts DO save lives, however, I also believe that as a human being, I have the right to choose whether or not to wear it. Mandatory seat belt law is a "government knows whats best for you" law. Why dont they ban/prohibit someone from smoking at all, not just public places? That kills more than seatbeltless drivers! Its not about just saving lives, it IS about revenue, no matter how you slice it. They say that the usage rate is 94%!!! Thats high, very high. The mere fact that they intend to get to 100% is ludicrous. There. I agree seat belts save lives, but also believe government has no business in my rights to choose whether I want to utilize something or not.

Actually, I think this is an interesting debate. I wear my seatbelt all the time, but I also disagree with the mandatory seatbelt law. Same with mandatory helmet laws. The government should not be able to pass laws to "protect you from yourself". That theory could be expanded to legislating what books are good for you to read, what food is good for you to eat (cooking with transfats is banned in NYC!), all sorts of personal freedoms. Seatbelts are good common sense. Helmets too. This could get me going on a rant about all sorts of stuff like this, so I'll just stop now. :)

That theory could be expanded to legislating what books are good for you to read, what food is good for you to eat (cooking with transfats is banned in NYC!), all sorts of personal freedoms.

All good points, I'll be sure to ask for support on those items in my letter to my congressman! :jester:

If you don't want to wear seatbelts, don't wear them. Just don't expect to ride in my truck without one and respect my authority when I say "get the F-out" when you refuse. :lol:

:cheers: every day it gets better, but there is that one damn day a year that just shuts me down... and its not far off :(

I know man, Memorial Day weekend is a tough one for me....a good friend of mine that I had went to high school with crashed his rice rocket into the side of a pickup truck at 60mph that was backing out of a driveway. He hit the truck and stopped, didn't go flying over the truck. We (the FD)were activated for the accident and we found him laying damn near dead on scene....I had the lovely task of holding his head together while he was packaged up(helmet was shattered). :( We new he was a gonner, and I said good bye to him when we loaded him into the ambulance. He passed away in the ambulance about 10 minutes later. :tear: Memorial Day weekend always brings back this memory.

RIP Greg Vadder 1983-2005 :angel:

I know man, Memorial Day weekend is a tough one for me....a good friend of mine that I had went to high school with crashed his rice rocket into the side of a pickup truck at 60mph that was backing out of a driveway. He hit the truck and stopped, didn't go flying over the truck. We (the FD)were activated for the accident and we found him laying damn near dead on scene....I had the lovely task of holding his head together while he was packaged up(helmet was shattered). :( We new he was a gonner, and I said good bye to him when we loaded him into the ambulance. He passed away in the ambulance about 10 minutes later. :tear: Memorial Day weekend always brings back this memory.

RIP Greg Vadder 1983-2005 :angel:

hang in there man! think of the good times and it'll get better. I remember lookin into her eyes and hearing her say her last words. I have that to live for and to keep me goin. yes i dream about it, but they are good dreams. UGH! 4 days...