Flowmaster 1 Chambers

StockSS

I'm trying to figure out what to do about my exhaust on my 03 SSS. I have a used set of flowmaster 1 chambers that I was thinking of welding in place of my stock choking block. I want short enough mufflers to be able to have dual tips before right rear wheel. Anyone have example pics/sound clips?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to figure out what to do about my exhaust on my 03 SSS. I have a used set of flowmaster 1 chambers that I was thinking of welding in place of my stock choking block. I want short enough mufflers to be able to have dual tips before right rear wheel. Anyone have example pics/sound clips?

there's planty of guys here that have that setup u just gotta wait for everyone to wake up and get on here. if ur tryin to have them come out infront of the rear tire ur probably gonna have to cut some of the stock exhaust piping out to make space for a good bend. 12'sRock, Chase, BlackbeastSS all have that setup maybe they can help u.

-Rob

I just have this pic of my exhaust... i can get more showing the actual piping under the truck if you need... any way its dual tips exiting in front of the rear passenger tire... one pipe goes through a Flowmaster Super 44 and one has no muffler and an electric cutout from QTP.... My truck is only a supercharged 4.8 for the time being and sounds great so I'm sure you SSS will sound real nice with a setup like this... when the other guys crawl out of bed, you'll see side exiting systems with different style tips... good luck

post-15329-1211296896_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys, some underneath pics would be great!

ask and you shall recieve. . . EXHAUST SOUND CLIP AT IDLE

100_0567.jpg

Where did you get the stock tips chrome like that? It looks sweet. BTW how does it sound going down the highway and accelerating between 2-3K?

Thanks guys, some underneath pics would be great!

Where did you get the stock tips chrome like that? It looks sweet. BTW how does it sound going down the highway and accelerating between 2-3K?

LOL. . . they are not chrome they are stock i just polished them out . well to me i like my exhaust, i dont know if you would like it (some people dont) there is some in cab drone but its more of and exhaust note more than anything though and accerating betrween 2-3k sounds like this ACCELERATION VIDEO (this is with the windows up too)

take the cats off then see how loud she gets. . . . . :jester:

can you remove the cats with a stock exhaust manifold? what are the pros and cons of doing this with just exhaust and intake done? thanks. (im new so humor me please)

can you remove the cats with a stock exhaust manifold? what are the pros and cons of doing this with just exhaust and intake done? thanks. (im new so humor me please)

yes but you will need a custom tune after wards to delets some smog codes and tune for the extra flow