Bought Another Car

AUTOGUY

WOW LOOK AT THAT RED INTERIOR!!!

Not my first choice, but when you are looking at 28 year old cars, you can't be very fussy. I would rather have a Blue or Hugger Orange car with black, but I will never lose a peanny on this one due to the condition and what I paid.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! A friend had a really nice low mileage '81 back in high school, silver with blue stripes and interior and I've had a few second gen TA's. Love that platform, they drift very controllably (is that a word?) and are so easy to upgrade. I guess I will never get the whole "keep it stock" idea. Don't get me wrong, I like the fact that other people keep them stock so that I can find my next unmolested victim to start a hot rod from! :drool:

Nice! A friend had a really nice low mileage '81 back in high school, silver with blue stripes and interior and I've had a few second gen TA's. Love that platform, they drift very controllably (is that a word?) and are so easy to upgrade. I guess I will never get the whole "keep it stock" idea. Don't get me wrong, I like the fact that other people keep them stock so that I can find my next unmolested victim to start a hot rod from! :drool:

The reason to keep it stock is to maintain the value of the car. If you want to mod one, do it to a car that is already modded somewhat or one that might be non original.

If you watch any of the Auctions, the cars that bring the huge money are the ones that are BONE Stock. Originality adds value. Anyone can restore a car or build a clone. They are only original and low miles ONCE.

The reason to keep it stock is to maintain the value of the car. If you want to mod one, do it to a car that is already modded somewhat or one that might be non original.

If you watch any of the Auctions, the cars that bring the huge money are the ones that are BONE Stock. Originality adds value. Anyone can restore a car or build a clone. They are only original and low miles ONCE.

I have no interest at all in resale value or auction prices, don't care at all about how it came from the factory. I know other people are into it, but it's totally not my idea of a good time. When I see your car, I see what I could build it into, nothing about leaving it stock would ever enter my mind.

Clones don't do it for me, restorations either. I know it can piss a purist off, but purists piss me off. It's OK, not everyone has to be like me. That said, it's still a nice car. And you're not original, it's got painted stripes, heheheheheh! :cheers: