Stall Suggestion

I am going to change my cam again and go with the x1 cam from mti specs 230/227 .591/.571 @ 112

Powerband is 2500 to 6500... im thinking a 3k stall just to be safe and not bog outa the whole but i want your guys input. Im trying to build my truck around a cam since thats the heart of the engine in my opinon. Just wanted to see what you guys think... If i do this swap itll be bolted up to a FLtranny.

3200 was also an option.....

I not towing only thing i pulling is myself around... And possibly 150 shot of nitrous but i not looking to break any records just looking to have a big loopy decent power LOUD truck :D

Edited by packjh (see edit history)

I agree. I drove a few weeks on a Yank TT3000 and ended up having them restall it to 3200 for me and I wish I would have gone to the SST3600. It's probably best for a daily driver that I didn't go that high though as the TT series drives like stock around town until half throttle or so.

3200 was also an option.....

I not towing only thing i pulling is myself around... And possibly 150 shot of nitrous but i not looking to break any records just looking to have a big loopy decent power LOUD truck :D

what i was getting at is with the shot you wont need a bigger converter, the spray will make up for any bottom end you may loose....just buy a good brand converter....i would look at a 3000 to 3200

I agree. I drove a few weeks on a Yank TT3000 and ended up having them restall it to 3200 for me and I wish I would have gone to the SST3600. It's probably best for a daily driver that I didn't go that high though as the TT series drives like stock around town until half throttle or so.

FWIW i heard that the Yank converter were a little tighter than the Vig so a vig 3200 might be perfect for his setup. IMO

FWIW i heard that the Yank converter were a little tighter than the Vig so a vig 3200 might be perfect for his setup. IMO

The Yanks TT series are tighter around town until pushed past about 1/2 throttle, then they stall up nicely. Others I've ridden in (Vig 3200) stalled higher all of the time at part throttle and made it a pain in the arse to backup, go through parking lots, letting the wife drive, etc. At WOT stall speed difference was NIL.

The SST 3600 and Vig 3600 drive virtually identical in TBSS's I've been told and are NOT tight around town like the TT series.

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)

Go with a 3400-3600 Precision Vig. I would also get a 9.5" not a 10.5". The 10.5" are just way to tight. I really like mine and a friend with a TBSS awd also has the same one as me and really enjoys it. He had a 2800 10.5" in at first and it was just to tight.

Edited by dozer (see edit history)

Thanx for the help guys, I guess i leaning more towards the yank ss3600. Once i get around to buying everything and installing it the truck wont be daily driven anymore. Itll be my weekend and strip vehicle. Mostly a weekend toy.