Those Ford Guys

mcmahan

Too bad to hear that, those are nice cars IMO. I hope that you and/or your wife came out ok.

A lot of the guys here on the forum are genuine automotive enthusiasts and car crafters, most have a general appreciation for the automotive hobby as a whole and even with our GM preferences we know a cool ride when we see one regardless of make.

Glad to hear you disagree with the trolls on the other forums, but I don't care about or have time for those haters or a pointless flame war. So there are haters - f'em; they've always been there, like background noise. My standard answer to the haters - OK so my truck runs 14.0 and theirs runs low-13's - low-13's still isn't much to brag about even though sure it's faster than what I'm running, but I'm not going to even hear about what "fast" is from them unless I'm talking with someone that runs down in the 11's because up to that point IMO it's just not "fast". In other words, shut-up while grown people are talking, you're still driving a slow POS just like I am. :laugh:

And since we're on the subject - I've NEVER been told face-to-face what a POS my truck is; quite the opposite at least every 2 weeks I get a compliment on my truck, and after 4+ years I thought that would have stopped by now but it's still been that way since I've owned it. I've never been at a GTG, or at the track, or car show, or crusing in town and had someone tell me they thought my truck was a POS. If they want my attention they gotta do more than just spew on a internet chat forum.

Mr. P.

yea i know. i dont have any beef with them ata all. i just hate that there are people like that. if you have a nice ride you have a nice ride cant deny that, im first to say it not to proud. i just hate when you get one tracked minded folks that ike to gang up on ya in my opinion i think they just jealous. ive also meet a few guys that are cool and open minded and gave complements. hell my best friend has a new cobra and he loves my truck, but like i said im going to stand up for me and my fellow ss'ers. :jester: i dont have my vette anymore so i really cant say to much huh

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not all L guys are bad. There is a guy here that runs mid twelves on a small shot. I always joke around and tell him to wait on me at the end of the track he just laughs but is really cool.

Ive owned everything but a dodge. And i love my :chevy:

aww nash your gettin all soft on us lol. i hate mustangs!!!! everyone has one. its the me too car. "i have a civic", "me too". "i have a mustang", "me too." yes you can appreciate other vehicles. and the work that is put into them. but i bleed chevy! :chevy:

Dude i bleed chevy red myself but i doesnt hurt to look and appreciate a nice car.

Dude i bleed chevy red myself but i doesnt hurt to look and appreciate a nice car.

i know! lol i said, yes you can appreciate other vehicles. and for the record i put up a front. im gonna post a little story later but i will argue someone to the death about chevy. if someone is all gloating, and being a jerk. otherwise i wont say anything. some of my friends have mustangs. done up very nice. i bust on them but they know i dont mean it. but nothin but the heartbeat for me boys!

aww nash your gettin all soft on us lol. i hate mustangs!!!! everyone has one. its the me too car. "i have a civic", "me too". "i have a mustang", "me too." yes you can appreciate other vehicles. and the work that is put into them. but i bleed chevy! :chevy:

:withstupid:

Mr. P, once again you summed it up perfectly. I've had several L and 'stang guys compliment me on my truck as well as the average guy and gal. Can the L whip my ass? In long run, yea, but I can give 'em a run nonetheless now that I've thrown some money in. Stock, these things don't stand a chance, but throw some dollars (and sense) in, and they can run with the best of them.

You don't have to like the other makes and models, but you sure as hell can appreciate what guys do to them and the performance they put out. I'm on my 6th Chevy now and never owned anything else. I'm sure the next new one will be a bowtie as well. Although, I might have to stray for a DD/beater, but that is all I plan on making the gas saver anyway...

:chevy::cheers::chevy:

The Dodge Dakota R/T guys used to go back and forth about their trucks vs the Lightnings, then they ended up having race track days, and all of the sudden the flaming started to die down.

It's alot different when guys who post with each other actually MEET each other.

Having a few guys on a Ford forum posting about their superiority, either against Chevys, MoPars, or whatever- isn't uncommon. It's expected. That's just the nature of the beast, and every brand's fanboys do it...?

Like your truck for what it IS, don't worry about what other people say it ISN'T, imo anyways...?

:cheers:

Welcome BTW!

:seeya:

Edited by CrAzYMoPaRGuY (see edit history)

yeah like the dallas cowboys are the best football team and the new york yankees are the best baseball team! lol just because they are my favorite i believe them to be the best. even tho they arent. im just using that as an example cuz they are the best hahaha

The driver is the most important part in most races. I've seen L drivers who can't drive so that 13 sec. truck turns into a 15 sec truck lol. One thing the AWS SS does is make us better drivers because the AWD makes the the launch factor easy and that's were a close race is won/lost. For the money I would say the SS is one of the most verstile(sp?) trucks out there. It can go fast but still tow a lot of $hit. Plus wih mods it can become one fast SOB lol :jester:

Love my SS. Got a lot of comps. at Indy 500 yesterday. Couldn't have taken the family in a Lightning. It still empresses me every time I take it out. I have drooled over other fast looking vehicles only to be let down once I got behind the wheel. The SSS is the whole package. Glad to have it.