Installed Msd Plug Wires Today

Its almost hitting one of the header tubes on the left bank, what should I do- I know its gonna melt if it stays there. I was thinking about stringing some safety wire from it to the dipstick tube or coil bracket- but that would look really stupid. Has anyone else had this problem with headers and MSD wires- the headers are just some cheap doug thorley shorties...

2531947337_6c1d6e9330.jpg

2532760572_eedb75ae00.jpg

I had the same problem when I installed my LTs, that's why I switched to Taylor 409s. You can tie those up with zip ties if need be, that is what I had to do with my #4, #5, and #6 wires. I zip tied the #4 and #6 wires together to take up the slack and pull the boots away from the primaries. The #5 wire got zip tied to the rubber vacuum line that comes out of the brake booster. I tried to bend those super long MSD boots but they slumped back straight no matter how many times I tried. With the steering shaft bolt, just turn the #5 wire 1/4 turn counter-clockwise up at the coil boot, that should take the slack out of the wire enough to keep it away from the bolt head. :chevy:

With the steering shaft bolt, just turn the #5 wire 1/4 turn counter-clockwise up at the coil boot, that should take the slack out of the wire enough to keep it away from the bolt head. :chevy:

I tried that, it helped a little but its still too close I think. I guess Ill bend up some wire and try to make it look as decent as possible. Thanks for the help everyone

try bending them a bit it should stay .

:withstupid:

i have zero problems with my msd wires and headers (LT's coated) i just bent the wires at a 45 degree angle and they are fine. i did this for the extra lenght tough to relocate my coils

I just went out and bent the gray part on the boots, I didnt try that before cause I didnt know you could bend em like that. They stayed just fine, it felt like they were meant to be bendable like that. I got em at a 45deg angle now and they all look good.

I just went out and bent the gray part on the boots, I didnt try that before cause I didnt know you could bend em like that. They stayed just fine, it felt like they were meant to be bendable like that. I got em at a 45deg angle now and they all look good.

Yeah there is a dot on the boot where you are allowed to bend it up to a 45 degree angle safetly as per MSD