Odered Hp Tuners

lilindy500

Well after thinking about a mail order tune, had one ordered then cancelled. I ordered hp tuners instead. I hope I can tune it myself with the help of you guys. Hope to get it wednesday or friday. I will be tuning my stock ss for 87 octane fuel, I hope that is possible, and also gonna try improve fuel mileage. Anyway I am very excited to learn how to use HP tuners and try make my truck a little more economical and maybe increase my power slightly.

I believe that the consensus was that tunning for 87 neted worse fuel millage than 91, which of set cheaper fuel. your better off optimizing your truck to run at least 91. The lq9 doesn't like lower octane and you will loose a lot of power trying to get it to run on 87

so far i've been getting up to 18 us mpg running 87 octane on my stock truck. my 87 octane is free so paying $1.40 per litre for premium is $1.40 per litre more than I need to spend. My parents live on a farm and when I come home on weekends if I help on the farm I fill my tank up. All summer I will not have access to good premium (small town), just stuff that has been sitting for 2-3 months. Nobody buys it up here. I won't have access to good premium until fall when I go back to university (city) for another year.

Edited by lilindy500 (see edit history)