Trans Problems

Turned on my truck today after fueling up, and all of the sudden i noticed my truck shifted from first gear to second at 4000 RPM's then kept on going and it wouldnt shift to third or OD, check fluid and everything was good checked fuses no problems there, could it be something minor? a band, valve body, etc? I got ext. warranty on my truck it has 45,000 miles so hopefully it covers it. If it doesnt how much am i looking for labor/repairs?

I took it once to the chevy dealer and they told me it had some type of mod because my truck was shifting hard and they told me to replace it back to stock it would cost me 1000 dollars, but thats how i got the vehicle, and no i didnt hit the tow button, but it almost feels like its in a "towing" mode.

If their is a DTC in computer it will go to MAX line pressure. ex. 1870 Trans component slip / 0300 missfire detected. That will cause it to shift hard. Does it take off in 2nd? If it does it could have a Solenoid bad or somthing like that. If it goes first and second It is probaly 3/4 clutches like said above. Very common for 4l60E / 4l65E.