Thinking About Putting In A Shift Kit

Hey guys,

Im thinking about putting in a Transgo-HD2 shift kit along with some vette servos. I do haul a 18 ft fishing boat around. I guess my main question is: will putting in the shift kit hinder my towing very much? will it tow for crap when i put it in?

also, how hard are they to put in when all you have is your driveway and alot of tools.

Thanks in advance,

Kenny

dont think about it just do it :D it will actually improve your trans towing ability and prolong the life of your trans. faster shifts and less slip. depending on how mechanically inclined you are and how much patiance you have will determine if you can do it. i would leave it up to a trans tech IMO. good luck

Thanks guys. is there anything that i should know before starting this project. i dont have a lift so ill just be using some jack stands. Is that going to be enough? Is there any special tools that I will need out of the ordinary? Will I need any gaskets or anything along them lines that I need to get before I start? I know i will need fluid.

I am probably going with the Transgo HD-2C I was thinking 2 washers. i dont know what they do I just read that I should run either 1 or 2. Im also putting in the corvette servos. im assuming this is only for the 1-2 shift or is it for all?

Thanks again in advance for the information.

Kenny

Not only will you need fluid, but figure on a new pan gasket and filter too. In terms of the washers, the amount of washers you have is how firm it will shift. Installing 2 washers will give you a very fast, abrupt/hard/harsh shift, one that will jerk your spine. Installing 1 washer gives you a quick/firm/crisp shift, a shift you definitely feel but not harsh enough to jerk your spine. If your truck is a DD like mine, I recommend one washer(thats what I did), 2 washers would be too harsh of a shift for daily driving. I don't have any other advise for you, I had my trans shop do the install. :chevy:

• 1 month later...