F the gas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY TRUCK IS STAYIN WITH ME !!!!

NOW I NEED A SUPERCHARGER :cheers:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see me still with the SS in 20yrs from now. Mine is paid off (has been for over a year) and I dont drive it all the time. I love the truck to death, but at the same time I feel real guilty for litting it sit all the time without driving it. Unlike most here, mine is not kept in a garage, it sits in front of my house on a neighborhood street where it gets coverd in rain, snow, sun etc...etc.... I also worry all the time that one of my scum bag neighbors will do something to it, thankfully they haven't yet!

The past few weeks a couple of my friends have been putting a ton of pressure on me saying that I need to sell the SS and buy a small car that gets better MPG's and put the rest of the money into my house.

But as far as I'm concerned, like fireman31 said, it's going to the grave with me. :pimp:

I would not listen to your friends about dumping any money into your house even if you did sell the SS, especially in Pitsburgh, PA where housing values are falling not to far behind Detroit and other depressed markets. You would never see the investment back out of your house if you did. And all of this panic of selling low mpg vehicles for higher ones is causing another economic vacuum. You thought the housing bubble was bad? Guess whats going to happen to all of these SUV's and Truck's when someone who just bought an 06 Z71 for $25k is now worth less than $15k because no one wants it? People will start to walk away from their loans and the same thing will happen to the vehicle market that happened to the housing market. Everyone knows that vehicles depreciate, but with the current economic times, they will depreciate MUCH faster. And alot of those people who own these gas guzzling SUV's wont be able to get out from underneath them without rolling over thousands and thousands. They would rather walk away from them. This behavior has already been demonstrated in the housing market. People who cant get out of their homes are walking away from them.

I know many of you would disagree, but the best thing to do would be to ride this out. Selling your truck just to save some gas is not the smart financial move. I figured out that if you are spending $500/mo in gas, and you bought a beater DD, you would have to have a total monthly cost of ownership (payment, insurance) of less than a $200/mo to break even. So if you picked up a cheap used car that got 30mpg's on average and kept the payment and insurance around $125-150, you would be saving money. And that would be better than ditching your SS for a loss, and potentially rolling it over onto another loan.

Eliminating a monthly payment is smart. If you sold because the $400-600/mo payment was too much, than that was smart, especially if you went to no payment at all or down to maybe $100-200/mo.

im loving what you guys are sayin. im def keepin mine till i have enough money for a z06 or a new SS ??? maybe, if they ever come out with one. yeah gas isnt that great, but i love my truck for what it is and everything about it. no gas prices are gonna make me sell it. i knew damn well when i bought it that it wasnt the greatest on gas and premium also. so she is mine and not going anywhere!

Heres another thought...

People's gas bill shave increased what? Maybe 30-35% in the last year? Maybe on average what? $100/mo? If gas is so tight, cancel your HD cable service! OMG NO!!! How dare I say it!! lol. There are alot of ways to "cut back" before dumping a truck. People are acting like they took on a second mortgage or something...

If things are really tight, here are some simple ideas to save...

1. Cut cable bill ($50-100+/mo)

2. Pack your lunch (its healthier anyways! Since I lost my job, I have been eating SO much better, I've lost 20lbs in 6 weeks!)

3. Cut the gym membership ($40-60/mo), buy a pair running shoes and start running...I dug my full suspension MTB out of the shed, fixed it up and have been riding 40 miles per week for the last five weeks. Best I have felt in 4 years, seriously.

4. Dont go out to Red Lobster, Whatever Texas Longhorn Oklahoma Lonestar Roadhouse Steakhouse for dinner and $40 tab with drinks and tip. Buy some dam steaks for $10 and cook them on the grille, invite some friends...

5. Dont spend $16 on two movie tickets every month, just dont go. Do you really need it?

6. Find some form of cheap recreation. I'm not saying dont have any recreation at all, jsut find something less expensive on a "per use trip". My g/f and I bought her a bike for $500. It will last her for years and we got a state park pass for $24/yr. We have a tent and will go camping on vacation instead of staying in a $200/night hotel. Rough it a little bit. Americans have become such premaddonna's...lol.

I love my truck .... I will not be selling her anytime soon.

I personally drive mine only every once in a while. She is about 4 years old, and has only just turned 17k ... That is why I have a Beater/DD ... I still go through about $100.00 a week on that, along with about $40.00 every couple weeks on the SS ....

Gas prices will continue to rise ... We will continue to pay ... Why??? Because we love to drive!!! Yeah it sucks, but if it takes a little cutting back, we all will have to do it.

I personally think it is a ploy to scare us, the USA, into being more GREEN ...

i LOVE everyone selling their trucks. that means more selection for when im ready to upgrade from the s10. idc about gas prices. a truck is a truck and nothing else can give you what a truck can.

my gf gets pissed at me bc we always have to stop and check out the used ones. it appears that if i wait till next summer ill be able to get an ss for about 13-14k nice!

im loving what you guys are sayin. im def keepin mine till i have enough money for a z06 or a new SS ??? maybe, if they ever come out with one. yeah gas isnt that great, but i love my truck for what it is and everything about it. no gas prices are gonna make me sell it. i knew damn well when i bought it that it wasnt the greatest on gas and premium also. so she is mine and not going anywhere!

i thought that corvette in the pic was urs !!!! lol me and u in the same boat the way i figure it if i save for 2 years ... and pay my truck off i can get one here in phoenix there are some nice ones with low miles 4 50-60k havnt lookin in cali though might be cheaper there.... and in 2 years it will be a lil cheaper 2 and ill get a insurance discount YAY!!! lol

Heres another thought...

People's gas bill shave increased what? Maybe 30-35% in the last year? Maybe on average what? $100/mo? If gas is so tight, cancel your HD cable service! OMG NO!!! How dare I say it!! lol. There are alot of ways to "cut back" before dumping a truck. People are acting like they took on a second mortgage or something...

If things are really tight, here are some simple ideas to save...

1. Cut cable bill ($50-100+/mo)

2. Pack your lunch (its healthier anyways! Since I lost my job, I have been eating SO much better, I've lost 20lbs in 6 weeks!)

3. Cut the gym membership ($40-60/mo), buy a pair running shoes and start running...I dug my full suspension MTB out of the shed, fixed it up and have been riding 40 miles per week for the last five weeks. Best I have felt in 4 years, seriously.

4. Dont go out to Red Lobster, Whatever Texas Longhorn Oklahoma Lonestar Roadhouse Steakhouse for dinner and $40 tab with drinks and tip. Buy some dam steaks for $10 and cook them on the grille, invite some friends...

5. Dont spend $16 on two movie tickets every month, just dont go. Do you really need it?

6. Find some form of cheap recreation. I'm not saying dont have any recreation at all, jsut find something less expensive on a "per use trip". My g/f and I bought her a bike for $500. It will last her for years and we got a state park pass for $24/yr. We have a tent and will go camping on vacation instead of staying in a $200/night hotel. Rough it a little bit. Americans have become such premaddonna's...lol.

Been there done that. We both pack our lunch. Don't go to a gym. We go out to eatmaybe once every 2 weeks, and go to reasonable restraunts WITH a coupon. We don't go to the movies, and we haven't taken a trip in about 3 years. We did, however, trade my wife's Tahoe for an Oldsmobile Silhouette (paid for), and that has saved us alot. Before the minivan haters slam me it has been the most useful vehicle for the kids that we have owned. I used to be a hater, but have seen the error of my ways. :crackup: My point is we've done pretty much every thing we can to save money. But, my reason for selling is not only to save gas, but to also to relieve debt. I'm not looking to get a cheaper car payment, I'm looking for NO car payment.

I'm taking the Dave Ramsey approach to debt elimination.