Everyone Is Selling Their Trucks!

We did, however, trade my wife's Tahoe for an Oldsmobile Silhouette (paid for), and that has saved us alot. Before the minivan haters slam me it has been the most useful vehicle for the kids that we have owned. I used to be a hater, but have seen the error of my ways. :crackup:

I was the same way until I actually had 2 kids and realized you can't beat the functionality of a minivan period. Yea, my balls are carried in my wife's purse when I drive it but I soon forget when I pull into the garage and see my truck. I'm with ya however,... MY SSS is in my last will and testament. :uhoh:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i LOVE everyone selling their trucks. that means more selection for when im ready to upgrade from the s10. idc about gas prices. a truck is a truck and nothing else can give you what a truck can. my gf gets pissed at me bc we always have to stop and check out the used ones. it appears that if i wait till next summer ill be able to get an ss for about 13-14k nice!

You don't have to wait for next year, I know of an '03 SSS for sale *right now* that the guy will take $12,500 for.

...Yea, my balls are carried in my wife's purse when I drive it ...

:crackup: Yeah but I've seen her purse, it's a nice purse! j/k :laugh:

...I'm taking the Dave Ramsey approach to debt elimination.

This is great - and something the majority of people aren't doing. They complain about rising costs of living but refuse to tackle the *real* problem. At least 3/4 of the world's population has no idea what "falling dollar" means to their future.

Mr. P. :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

That makes me cringe...

You don't have to wait for next year, I know of an '03 SSS for sale *right now* that the guy will take $12,500 for.Mr. P.

I would only sell my truck for about $24k with everything on it...

How many miles are on that one for $12,500 and what does it have on it?

That makes me cringe...

I would only sell my truck for about $24k with everything on it...

How many miles are on that one for $12,500 and what does it have on it?

I already posted a link to it yesterday -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-S...sspagenameZWDVW

The seller is the same guy I just bought my Buick from, and even though he has $14K price in his eBay post he shared the exact details of the truck deal with Dan (Fireman31) and I. The impression I took from dealing with the seller is he's on the up & up, I would buy from him again, he describes the truck as "91K-miles, leather in great shape, no dents, some minor dings and scratches, crack in front windshield, 50% tread, Linex bed liner, Tubular step board, engine is very fast and smooth running, transmsiion shifts fine."

Mr. P.

You also have to keep in mind that there are two ways to look at everything in life, and instead of calling the current situation a recession or bad economy you can instead look at it as currently being "a buyer's market". Meaning, now is the time to capitalize on folks de-modding their cars & trucks and buy great parts for 1/2-price or better, or buying modded vehicles at great prices, or buying a home for tens if not hundreds of thousands less...

Thats great for people who still have their jobs, but if I had to get out of my truck, it is really bad because I still owe over $20k on it. I'm not taking a $7k hit to get rid of it. I cant. So yeah...kudos to those who are in a good financial spot and can aford to buy. Bummer for the other 50% who are hurting beause of job losses etc and will lose their ass on anything they HAD of value.

My dad has been unemployed for 2 years now in engineering, partly because he wont relocate outof michigan, but also partly because he's over qualified for everything. He even told one firm he would work for $35k. But he has a masters degree with 34yrs experience and they would rather get someone fresh out of college. So indirectly, they are discriminating against his age. At least my mom has a good job and he has a pension coming. Me, I get unemployment...joy. I've been on 30 interviews...nada.

It is a recession in every sense of the word and meaning no matter what kind of up spin you try to place on it. One million homes in foreclosure...

You also have to keep in mind that there are two ways to look at everything in life, and instead of calling the current situation a recession or bad economy you can instead look at it as currently being "a buyer's market". Meaning, now is the time to capitalize on folks de-modding their cars & trucks and buy great parts for 1/2-price or better, or buying modded vehicles at great prices, or buying a home for tens if not hundreds of thousands less...

Exactly, we just bought our neighboors acre of land for 21K, they go for way more, we just cought them on their weak point :D .

Thats great for people who still have their jobs, but if I had to get out of my truck, it is really bad because I still owe over $20k on it. I'm not taking a $7k hit to get rid of it. I cant. So yeah...kudos to those who are in a good financial spot and can aford to buy. Bummer for the other 50% who are hurting beause of job losses etc and will lose their ass on anything they HAD of value.

My dad has been unemployed for 2 years now in engineering, partly because he wont relocate outof michigan, but also partly because he's over qualified for everything. He even told one firm he would work for $35k. But he has a masters degree with 34yrs experience and they would rather get someone fresh out of college. So indirectly, they are discriminating against his age. At least my mom has a good job and he has a pension coming. Me, I get unemployment...joy. I've been on 30 interviews...nada.

It is a recession in every sense of the word and meaning no matter what kind of up spin you try to place on it. One million homes in foreclosure...

Wow, that sucks i wish you the best of luck in finding a job.

a lot of people have alot of good reasons and good ideas to keep the trucks. just sucks im still seeing alot of people selling them when they could keep them with proper money mangement. o well to each is their own. and no thats not my vette thats a lingenfelter. my dream car :drool: