Fuse Problems

ok i have a sub and an amp but i have 10 gauge wire with a fuse under the hood and the fuse keeps blowing its a 40 amp fuse at first i thought it was my amp but then i put a brand new amp in and same problem. i dont know what to do. would a distrabution block or a capacitor help im putting 600w rms 1200w peak through it

you need at LEAST 4 gauge for 600 watts rms. and it will NEVEr survive on a 40 amp fuse. you are limiting your amps supply current. upgrade and you will be fine and do this before your amp is the next thing to burn up

• 4 months later...

hey guys i know this post is a few months old, but i'm havin the same problem. at first one of my subs was wired wrong and after i got that fixed it worked much better, but it still blows if i have it loud for more than like 15 minutes, or sometimes less if its really loud. i'm not just abusing it either, something can't be right and i have 4 guage wires for both ground and power and a 60amp fuse, does anybody have any other suggestions?