Thinking About An Aftermarket Stall.

I had the TB stall, a TT3000 Yank, and now the Yank restalled to 3200. I can say that the TB stall is a good budget minded mod, but the Yank TT3000 is just that much better than the TB and worth EVERY PENNY!!! I can never recommend a TB stall over a Yank for a NA SSS after having driven both, especially with the work involved to remove replace the trans to get it installed. If you're boosted with a roots style blower, a TB stall is a very good match because your extra low end TQ will stall the TB a little higher (though a Yank 2600 or other aftermarket 2600 will have better components and heat resistance).

Around town driving/mileage is very similar with both, but the extra stall speed of the Yank TT3000 when you put your foot in it is just AWSOME!!! Even with the stock cam the 3000 is a huge improvement in fun factor. GET ONE!!!

If I remember, I'll try to shoot some video of normal driving with my Yank over lunch today, then maybe a short blast to show the high stall.

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)

Ya, I checked it out man. Thanks alot. My one question that has not been answered was how does it feel driving with an aftermarket stall? I'm meaning, the feeling when you give it normal acceleration from a stop... does it feel like its slipping until it gets to its desired rpms to get your truck moving? I REALLY need to get a ride in someones truck so I can feel the difference for myself.

Ya, I checked it out man. Thanks alot. My one question that has not been answered was how does it feel driving with an aftermarket stall? I'm meaning, the feeling when you give it normal acceleration from a stop... does it feel like its slipping until it gets to its desired rpms to get your truck moving? I REALLY need to get a ride in someones truck so I can feel the difference for myself.

mine feels like a stock TC until you get on it 1/2 throttle or more, then it will snap your neck :thumbs:

Agreed. I'm going to shoot another video with a closeup on the gauges during a normal drive, then rip it a few times to show the difference. Basically the same drive as in the first vid with a closeup of tach/speedo to give you a better idea of what the stall is doing in both situations. :cheers:

Ya, I checked it out man. Thanks alot. My one question that has not been answered was how does it feel driving with an aftermarket stall? I'm meaning, the feeling when you give it normal acceleration from a stop... does it feel like its slipping until it gets to its desired rpms to get your truck moving?I REALLY need to get a ride in someones truck so I can feel the difference for myself.

thats about the only real way to find out.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, update on the converter situation. Recieved a pm from a guy on pt.net that is selling a tbtc for CHEAP CHEAP. I got quoted by my trans guy for install/fluid change/flush & trans cooler install for $400 . All together, I will have a tbtc,new fluids/flushed & trans cooler for under $500. So I'm gonna jump on it monday morning.