Time To Do Some Mods!

Well I just got rid of my s-10 so now I have a little extra cash to spend. I am looking as spending about $1800 these are the mods I have in mind. Now my SSS is my daily driver, so I am trying to do mods that add HP but still lets my truck be dependable.

OBX Headers

AEM Brute Force Intake

Shift Servos

A Tune of some sort haven't figured out which one i want (any help or advice)

and a Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD

Later on i plan on doing a shift kit and adding some subs and maybe a little shot of Nitrous to make things a little more fun.

looks good I would do the shiftkit when you do the servos...Zippy a moderator on nere makes a great kit with the servos included..and he can also tune ya and there is .justin. , wheatley,etc...do a search there are many great choices

your mods you have in mind look perfect. headers, shift kit (transa-go or zippy kit), and intake are all great bolt-on's. as for the tune, there are many out there, but alot of people have gone with wheatley these days (including myself) and he does excellent work and he has great service. :cheers:

thanks i am probably going to do a transgo HD2 kit and i am leaning towards a blackbear tune just for the fact i can get the tune pcm and keep my stock PCM for alittle more than what the wheatly tune cost's

update got my intake and radio today going to put them in this weekend my headers should be here on monday and i still have to order my tune from justin at blackbear. Any tips or tricks on installing the headers i already know i will have to do something about the spark plug wires.

update got my intake and radio today going to put them in this weekend my headers should be here on monday and i still have to order my tune from justin at blackbear. Any tips or tricks on installing the headers i already know i will have to do something about the spark plug wires.

put the truck on stands and take the front two wheels off....that was the best approach i found

Just make sure you jack the truck up high enough to get the headers under there. dont see the need to remove the tires though. good luck :chevy:

BTW you will love your new tune too :cheers:

A few things you will need........

spark plugs

spark plug wires(maybe)

WD40

anti-seize compound

rubber mallot

universal socket joints

band-aids :P

There is the possibility that you will need to replace one or more 02 sensors, hopefully you have an autopart store near by. Also make sure that you have a sawz-all handy just in case some bolts get rounded off.

:chevy:

i have been soaking my exhaust manifold bolts in PB Blaster for the last few days so hopefully that will loosen them up i looked at my spark plugs last week they are burning fine do think i will still need to change them? I am doing all this work on base where that have car lifts so getting underneith it will be no problem. will i be able to get to the maifold bolts from the top and bottom or will i have to remove the inner fenders?

i have been soaking my exhaust manifold bolts in PB Blaster for the last few days so hopefully that will loosen them up i looked at my spark plugs last week they are burning fine do think i will still need to change them? I am doing all this work on base where that have car lifts so getting underneith it will be no problem. will i be able to get to the maifold bolts from the top and bottom or will i have to remove the inner fenders?

i would change them now that your there......You can remove and install the bolts from the top and the fender wells dont need to come off

I took the fender liners out, they come out easy and it made the whole job a hell of a lot easier. I just did everythign at eye level through the wheelwells. One tip- dont tighten up the manifold bolts into the head all the way til you get the bottom exhaust flange bolts started. Mine were a bitch cause they didnt line up perfectly, mine where shorties though youre getting long tubes arent you... nevermind. Id just go ahead and change the plugs while youre in there, and leave em out til you get the headers on so you dont break the ends off. Good luck