Installing The Cladding

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the compliments guys, I've put alot of work in this truck and it is starting to pay off. Now that I have it looking the way I want it, I can start to work on the performance. I think I will lower it a little bit too and get someone to help me with a new signature pic. :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...
shit looks good man...u think you could snap some under shot pics for me so i could c how it mounts up on bottom. also how did you do the back?? do you have a ss bumper on the back?

I will try to get u some pics soon, my digi camera was stolen when we went on vacation. I did do the full cladding kit with the ss rear bumper and I already have a pic of it. Here is a pic of the rear and thanks for the compliment.

post-15019-1214757468_thumb.jpg

post-15019-1214757663_thumb.jpg

what about painting it?? did you just paint it piece by piece or did you put it on the truck and then paint it. im thinkin about getting the kit eventually and need to know if i can go ahead and paint my truck or if i need to wait. i imagine u can mock it up..paint it and then putt it on the truck right?

what about painting it?? did you just paint it piece by piece or did you put it on the truck and then paint it. im thinkin about getting the kit eventually and need to know if i can go ahead and paint my truck or if i need to wait. i imagine u can mock it up..paint it and then putt it on the truck right?

Yea that's the way I did it. I painted my truck last year, as it was originally maroon and silver. Then when I finally collected all of the cladding, I mocked it up mounting all the brackets. Finally I painted all the pieces and then installed them on the truck last month.

ok thanks man..when ever u get a chace try to get some pics of the brackets underneath the truck if you would. id like to know how they mount up. this should work on a sierra right?? been doing some thinking on what a denali clip with ss cladding would look like?? if it worked on your truck on the fender. then it should work on mine.

ok thanks man..when ever u get a chace try to get some pics of the brackets underneath the truck if you would. id like to know how they mount up. this should work on a sierra right?? been doing some thinking on what a denali clip with ss cladding would look like?? if it worked on your truck on the fender. then it should work on mine.

It will mount up with out any problems to your fender as well. I think the denali clip would look sweet with the cladding, but there is an after market ss style bumper for the gmc too. Good luck with your project, and dont give up on finding the cladding as it is hard to come by. Just make sure if you buy any, (cladding) get the mounting brackets with it because you cant get it seperately from the dealer. That will make the install go much easier. As soon as I replace my stolen camera I will send you some pics.

There is someone else doing the cladding conversion on here also, oneslicksilvy is his screen name. Mabe he could post up some pics for ya.