Why You Shouldn't Spray Nitrous At 1,000 Rpms

Krambo

Here is a local guy to me that just installed a nice 150 wet shot on his bolt-on modified C6 Vette. His big mistake was spraying at 1,000 RPMs, arming the nitrous for the "attempted" burnouts and just plain inexperience with the juice.

Some of you guys know what it is like on Friday Night street legal at Island Dragway. Lots of amatures, some with more money than brains. Very entertaining,...at least he got a standing ovation! Enjoy the video!

:cheers::chevy:

Edited by Krambo
spelling (see edit history)

i use the 125 shot to help get the water off my tires...but then again i stall it to 2500 then do the burnout...i would rather drive around the water box but at some of the tracks you cant do that

i use the 125 shot to help get the water off my tires...but then again i stall it to 2500 then do the burnout...i would rather drive around the water box but at some of the tracks you cant do that

You have experience though, this guy is armed at 1,000 and did 2 attempted quick burnouts which loaded the intake with fuel and nitrous. It was inevitable.

The funny thing is that a year or so prior, another white C6 completely melted to the ground at the same track. Was it the same guy?

:confused::uhoh:

You have experience though, this guy is armed at 1,000 and did 2 attempted quick burnouts which loaded the intake with fuel and nitrous. It was inevitable.

The funny thing is that a year or so prior, another white C6 completely melted to the ground at the same track. Was it the same guy?

very true...people need to read up before they spray...i lol'd when he took off running the other way...i would have been putting the fire out...or better yet stopping the guy from putting the fire out :D

Glad I wasn't there to see that! :nonod:

:withstupid: me too! :eek:

Hmmm I wonder... :wtf:

On a side note, Kevin do you remember the white Evo that shot a rod through his oil pan back in November at Island? ......... pop pop.......BOOM! :uhoh:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

also rule of thumb is not to spray unless you know your tb blade is open all the way( with us its hard since we really dont control it) , unless your nitrous injection is after your tb ie: direct port or spray bars.

i have sprayed at about 2800 rpm and i thought it was a bit low. i plan on hitting mine with a 125 shot this friday , with over 200 kpa on the map at the same time. should make close to 180 more lb ft of torque.

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)