Why You Shouldn't Spray Nitrous At 1,000 Rpms

Krambo

also rule of thumb is not to spray unless you know your tb blade is open all the way( with us its hard since we really dont control it) , unless your nitrous injection is after your tb ie: direct port or spray bars.

i have sprayed at about 2800 rpm and i thought it was a bit low. i plan on hitting mine with a 125 shot this friday , with over 200 kpa on the map at the same time. should make close to 180 more lb ft of torque.

Ive seen alot of cars run nitrous succesfully.

Chase you are going to get this on video right?? Your plan on breakin some records at the track?

Ive seen alot of cars run nitrous succesfully.

Chase you are going to get this on video right?? Your plan on breakin some records at the track?

id like to , but i doubt it will happen . im scared of launching my truck hard becasue the only thing i see breaking is the trans. but you better beleive im still going to do it.

i plan to make a pass or two with only blower then load up on race gas, take out 2 degrees timing and hit it with the 125 shot . i really want to hit it in first gear but dont know if it will hold. if i get a decent first pass spraying in 2nd and third ill spray it in first.

id like to , but i doubt it will happen . im scared of launching my truck hard becasue the only thing i see breaking is the trans. but you better beleive im still going to do it.

i plan to make a pass or two with only blower then load up on race gas, take out 2 degrees timing and hit it with the 125 shot . i really want to hit it in first gear but dont know if it will hold. if i get a decent first pass spraying in 2nd and third ill spray it in first.

Sounds like you need a 6 point ramping progressive controller IMHO. You could pulse the nitrous solenoids so you do not hit the drivetrain with that sudden power. ...You running a window switch for the shifts by any chance?

Good luck with the runs! I wish you the best...you put alot of hard work into that SS and you deserve some bragging rights! :cheers:

BTW, you got someone to video???

Another reason why I think nitrous is stupid.

it's not the nitrous thats stupid...its the user of the nitrous that is stupid :cheers:

Also Chase i think your drivetrain will handle it...i grab all 200 almost right out of the hole and thats a whole lotta torque...im hitting the track again this weekend....lets see who can get the better times :D

s:Sounds like you need a 6 point ramping progressive controller IMHO. You could pulse the nitrous solenoids so you do not hit the drivetrain with that sudden power. ...You running a window switch for the shifts by any chance?

Good luck with the runs! I wish you the best...you put alot of hard work into that SS and you deserve some bragging rights! :cheers:

BTW, you got someone to video???

i ditched the window switch because i couldnt get it to work like i wanted it too, i may need a more complex one but i will wait and find out

yes i have a camera man .

it's not the nitrous thats stupid...its the user of the nitrous that is stupid :cheers:

Also Chase i think your drivetrain will handle it...i grab all 200 almost right out of the hole and thats a whole lotta torque...im hitting the track again this weekend....lets see who can get the better times :D

well you do have 75 more hp in your shot but i also have an added 16 psi of manifold pressure. good luck to you :cheers:

well you do have 75 more hp in your shot but i also have an added 16 psi of manifold pressure. good luck to you :cheers:

i also still am a stock block...i know you will have me though....if i were you i would just run the shot on a button and let off it for the shifts...window switches cause problems....keep it simple and you will go faster

i am just hitting the 1/8th mile this weekend...theres only one 1/4 track around here and its not open...good luckto you also buddy let us know your times :chevy: