3200 Stall, Some Normal Driving And A Few Quick Blasts

I had a TB stall and it wasn't enough. The Yank TT3000 is great and drives normal, just like the TB stall, until you go past about 1/2 throttle. I had mine restalled 200 RPM higher when they opened it up to clean it out/inspect it after my salvage yard trans failed.

Here, I do a few minutes of normal driving, then near the end a few quick blasts. http://www.bnmotorsports.com/3000_stall.MOV

Hummmmm, works for me here on 3 different machines. Are you timing out or what? It's a .mov file, so you need to have quicktime loaded. It takes about 2-3 minutes for me to load the video here...

thats pobably why i dont have quick time

Nice vid, I just wish I knew what I was looking for. I have read a lot of threads about guys replacing their TC, but not sure what the benefit is. Can someone explain what this does to improve the performance of the truck. :confused:

:cool: What temp does your ATF run at with that converter?

Mr. P. :)

Typically around 160-170 with the highest so far at 185-190 bucking 30-40MPH headwind for a 3 hour drive home. This is with a slightly larger than stock 4 pass half inch tube style cooler that I got from Ebay. The fin measurements are roughly 14" by 8" or so if I remember right. Can't remember the BTU rating on it.

Nice vid, I just wish I knew what I was looking for. I have read a lot of threads about guys replacing their TC, but not sure what the benefit is. Can someone explain what this does to improve the performance of the truck. :confused:

A higher stall converter lets the engine rev up a bit to get into the power band before the truck moves. The revs also don't drop as much between shifts to keep the engine in it's power band. You can think of it as revving up a stick car/truck before letting the clutch out.

A higher stall converter lets the engine rev up a bit to get into the power band before the truck moves. The revs also don't drop as much between shifts to keep the engine in it's power band. You can think of it as revving up a stick car/truck before letting the clutch out.

how much RPM drop do you get on your new converter? what RPM are you shifting at? do you have a 10.5" or 9.5"?