Screwed Up Radio

ok i have a 99 silverado z71 ..i asked my brother to put in a pioneer cd player for me....he ended up screwing everything up ...he cut the factory harness then tried to rewire it ....now everything is screwing up ..my instrumental lights went out ...the radio aint even working...not even the factory one...i had to replace the fuse for the radio ...but its still messed up....so plz someone help me salvage my truck ..so i dont have to take it to get rewired..

Id say take it to get rewired, if you had to have your brother do it then you obviously cant do it yourself, and since I dont think he knows what he was doing then youre best off taking it somewhere befoer you screw it up more

• 4 weeks later...

I highly agree with Turbocoop! Have someone install it and have them look through and make sure nothing else was cut wrong. Yes you might not know how to install but not everyone does. If lights aren't working then take it in and have it professionally looked at.

sounds to me like he used the illumination wire (reads as a ground when lights are off) as the ground wire. this will do what you are experiencing. can i ask why you didnt just spend 10 bucks at walmart and get the harness? should would have fixed alot of worries. anyway, just bring it in and swallow your pride. this is an easy 15 minute radio install, but with wires cut, it could take a lil longer. good luck. if you are near Des Moines i am free tonight to fix er up for you.