Installed Drop Kit

ok well i started this with my friend at 10pm last night and finished at 5am. then i had to be to work at 8. not cool and im still up. gotta get the fresh news on the forum lol. everything went well. i thought the rear would be easy. it was harder than the front. the truck rides great up front. the rear is almost sitting on the rear bump stop that i already cut an inch off of. its almost frame to axle. anyone encounter this? what did you do to make it ride smoother? lift the rear a little? i dont want to c notch it. thanks rob

and yes thats def my friends leg in there lol

What kit did you use to get your truck to sit like that? do you have the part number for everything as well? thanks and your truck looks great

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

take the bumpstop mount off and remove the bumpstop from the bracket. there is a hole in the frame above where the bracket mounts that you can mount the bumpstop to. that should help

:withstupid: Makes a world of a difference too!

:withstupid: Makes a world of a difference too!

slammedbowtiePosted Yesterday, 08:29 PM did that! no bracket and bump stop shaved.

i dont think im putting the plate on the bottom that is what holds the U bolts on top from moving. and yes our trucks a have a rake to them. the rear like most trucks sits higher.

yeah i live in the country. i was afraid it would be too low. if i can get more suspension out of the rear then i will be fine. but with the pot holes and unpaved roads around here im screwed lol

thanks guys.

________________________________________________________________________________

I meant to quote post#11 but i fail.

Edited by NTMD8R_SS (see edit history)

Lookin good bro!

The bumpstops, even when mounted directly to the frame will touch, at least mine do and i haven't even cut them, though i'm thinking about doing it now... You will notice that the rear will ride noticeably more rough than stock but thats due to the leafsprings themselves. Now if you you're bottoming out over every bump thats a different story haha. I would only install the lift shackles as a last resort. If you go this route, you shouldn't have to shim the rear because the leafsprings allowed you to keep the stock pinion angle and that 1" lift shouldn't change it by much.. Someone correct me if i'm wrong..

And what is this moving of the plates? what would that do?

Make sure to get that alignment!!

I should get some new pics up soon...

Edited by haul@ss (see edit history)

thanks ntmd8tr ss. bumps stops already handled! lol gettin an alignment tomorrow. idk about moving the plate. seems unsafe. its there to hold the u bolts in place and if it was on the bottom then the pin on the leafs wouldnt get in the hole on the axle. yeah it rides really freakin rough. i drove it 15 minutes today and it gave me a stomach ache from bouncin around. the trip to carlisle will me fun lol

truck looks great! Glad to se you got the parts on!!! Not sure why you are having a bumpstop problem? Did you use the new bumpstops that were included with the rear leaf springs?

there were no bumpstops were included with the leafs. i unbolted the stock one and mounted it directly to the frame. and cut an inch off and its almost right on it. rides really freakin rough, like turns your stomach rough.

that's your problem, mine came with the bumpstops, but you can get them from belltech pretty cheap. They are made of a softer material that absorbs alot of what you are feeling. Those stock bumpstops are hard!!!

My bumpstops are about 1/4" or less from touching the leaf springs with the wheels on the ground & that is with them mounted to the frame. So I'd say get new bumpstops & that should help fix your problem. It will still be bumpy, but no where near as bad as it is now :cheers:

ok cool. my other truck i did the same thing. but the bumpstop on that truck was a huge piece of rubber and that was really ridiculous. i ended up c notchin that one. ii check out belltechs site. i got my alignment done. what a difference. although they could only get it to -1 camber on both sides cuz i have the torsion bars turned down too much. i paid $139 for lifetime free alignments. sweet! so if i decide to raise the rear an inch and bring the torsion bars up a little i can get 0 camber and free alignment :thumbs:

ok cool. my other truck i did the same thing. but the bumpstop on that truck was a huge piece of rubber and that was really ridiculous. i ended up c notchin that one. ii check out belltechs site. i got my alignment done. what a difference. although they could only get it to -1 camber on both sides cuz i have the torsion bars turned down too much. i paid $139 for lifetime free alignments. sweet! so if i decide to raise the rear an inch and bring the torsion bars up a little i can get 0 camber and free alignment :thumbs:

might wanna look into these my .o2 spend the extra money now and be worry free in the long run :thumbs: djmsuspension.com

86320.gif Specialty Products camber\caster kit, 1999-2006 Chevy1500-3500

Part #86320. Cam Lock Plates.

One kit per side.