so is the Zippy shift kit benificial for a so called stock motor / tranny.. i guess i will have to talk to him this weekend when he turns on my fans and gets my tune put in.. Man i cant wait to see how it drives after all that ... so pumped..

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say so far i'm very happy with my Yank converter. I was interested in the tt3000 but after i spoke to the guy at yank, he told me right out that it probably wont hold up. So I ended up buying the pt3200. Plenty of launches on nitrous and so far so good.

Jesus Guys.....People have bad units ever now and then...it doesn't make them a bad company. I personally like yank converters more so then PI's of coarse I have never had a problem out of yank, now PI on the other hand...I have totally destroyed 4 PI converters 2 different cars. They charged me each time but it wasn't a lot so I cant say they are a bad company but I sold the last rebuilt one and went on my way. He's not being a car salesman when he tells you that you need the SC3000....He is telling you that because it is built to hold up under blown, nitrous, and High HP/torque vehicles...If any of you knew exactly how a converter is built and why they are built certain ways you wouldn't bitch when it fails. you would actually order the correct converter for your application. Oh and BTW a 1000 is not a lot of $$$$ for a converter try going to COAN and buying a race stall for a 400......just a mere 3400!

Danny, I have heard roumors that the Yank TT2600 is nothing more than a TBTC painted red. Any thruth to that? Mine even had the GM part number stamped on the side :wtf:

Danny, I have heard roumors that the Yank TT2600 is nothing more than a TBTC painted red. Any thruth to that? Mine even had the GM part number stamped on the side :wtf:

wow! thats crazy, if it has a GM number on it it has to be a GM part right?

so is the Zippy shift kit benificial for a so called stock motor / tranny.. i guess i will have to talk to him this weekend when he turns on my fans and gets my tune put in.. Man i cant wait to see how it drives after all that ... so pumped..

zippy shift kit/servos + TBTC are great for any ss trans IMO. I had all mine put in before the maggie and it performs great. After the blower it got even better and is still holding strong on my 12 sec. SS :thumbs:

Good question. I hope yank doesn't do that.

It is an 11 in converter that yank has in the 2600 range. 12 in is stock size. if u have them side by side ull notice the slight size difference. As far as the part # on it i dono on that.

I'll have to check that out. :cheers:

Seeing I also have a TT2600 Yank converter, I will chime in. I put over 50,000 miles on my yank. 30k of which were behind a bolton pretty much stock motor. 20k behind a radix. It held up fine. My transfer case and transmission let go the other night. I have since had time to inspect the TT2600 and it has a the black ring of death and heat discoloration (you can tell by looking at it and flaking away some of the paint.). It lasted, but the guy at yank told me it probably wont last long against a supercharger. This one held up fine, but was probably on its way out in the next 10-20k miles, especially with towing. I am ordering another yank convert, but this time will be going with a billet one with an anti ballooning plate. The shop thats going to rebuild my trans said to go this route and to stay under a 3000stall. PI converters are just too loose for my tastes. I had one in a camaro and it was also fine, but was definetly more loose than the yank, which is probably agreed common knowledge.

Seeing I also have a TT2600 Yank converter, I will chime in. I put over 50,000 miles on my yank. 30k of which were behind a bolton pretty much stock motor. 20k behind a radix. It held up fine. My transfer case and transmission let go the other night. I have since had time to inspect the TT2600 and it has a the black ring of death and heat discoloration (you can tell by looking at it and flaking away some of the paint.). It lasted, but the guy at yank told me it probably wont last long against a supercharger. This one held up fine, but was probably on its way out in the next 10-20k miles, especially with towing. I am ordering another yank convert, but this time will be going with a billet one with an anti ballooning plate. The shop thats going to rebuild my trans said to go this route and to stay under a 3000stall. PI converters are just too loose for my tastes. I had one in a camaro and it was also fine, but was definetly more loose than the yank, which is probably agreed common knowledge.

Not the 10.5" maybe the 9.5" are a little bit looser

Not the 10.5" maybe the 9.5" are a little bit looser

:withstupid: I've been for a ride in Fireman31's truck and I can tell you his PI2800 drives with really good street manners, if he had not told me different I would have guessed it had a TT3000 in it.

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

:withstupid: I've been for a ride in Fireman31's truck and I can tell you his PI2800 drives with really good street manners, if he had not told me different I would have guessed it had a TT3000 in it.

Mr. P.

Yeah when i drove Reynaldos truck with the 9.5" 3200 stall it felt looser than my 10.5" 3000 stall but not but much though

you guys need to drive my truck with my 4000 stall. i will roll backwards on small hills. lol

Yeah mine does that too, first time I found that out was leaving the local Chevy dealer and the truck was rolling forwards into a new Caddy :eek:

Mr. P. :)