you guys need to drive my truck with my 4000 stall. i will roll backwards on small hills. lol

My 3200 rolls too. Also, what aconverter stalls up to depends on the HP in the engine. My 3200 only goes to 2600 with my stock motor :nopity: . When it was behind my L92 (485HP) :devil: it went to 3000.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 3200 rolls too. Also, what aconverter stalls up to depends on the HP in the engine. My 3200 only goes to 2600 with my stock motor :nopity: . When it was behind my L92 (485HP) :devil: it went to 3000.

true that. . . . :D

:withstupid: I've been for a ride in Fireman31's truck and I can tell you his PI2800 drives with really good street manners, if he had not told me different I would have guessed it had a TT3000 in it.

Mr. P.

I love my Vig! :chevy:462d1dc4.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I've had several Yank converters blow up on shop vehicles here, and got nothing but lies from Yank. Horrible service when their parts fail. I suggest staying far far away from the company. Definitely go with a Vig converter. We had one of Yanks converters blow up in a brand new stage 5 FLT trans with less than 100 miles on the combo, $3,000 out of the window just like that.

I've had several Yank converters blow up on shop vehicles here, and got nothing but lies from Yank. Horrible service when their parts fail. I suggest staying far far away from the company. Definitely go with a Vig converter. We had one of Yanks converters blow up in a brand new stage 5 FLT trans with less than 100 miles on the combo, $3,000 out of the window just like that.

Yea, but the TT2600 isn't really ment to be behind a "big HP" 5000# truck of which alot of the failures have been from. The SC line is more suited for that abuse.

I feel your pain on losing a new tranny when the converters let go. The crap that the converter sheds just makes a mess in the tranny. Here are a few shots of mine:

Converter clutch material in the pan:

trannypan.jpg

It packed the filter full causing starvation of the pump and the rest of the tranny from oil:

trannyfiltertop.jpg

My poor pump :( :

CAMBMZ29.jpg

CANIKRND.jpg

Jesus Guys.....People have bad units ever now and then...it doesn't make them a bad company. I personally like yank converters more so then PI's of coarse I have never had a problem out of yank, now PI on the other hand...I have totally destroyed 4 PI converters 2 different cars. They charged me each time but it wasn't a lot so I cant say they are a bad company but I sold the last rebuilt one and went on my way. He's not being a car salesman when he tells you that you need the SC3000....He is telling you that because it is built to hold up under blown, nitrous, and High HP/torque vehicles...If any of you knew exactly how a converter is built and why they are built certain ways you wouldn't bitch when it fails. you would actually order the correct converter for your application. Oh and BTW a 1000 is not a lot of $$$$ for a converter try going to COAN and buying a race stall for a 400......just a mere 3400!

danny this post was made before our problem and guess what my brand new yank tt3000 did the identicle thing too your built unit. i got 5 days of use out of my yank before the truck stoped shifting into the gears and when i pulled the pan clutch meterial covered the bottom of the pan and you saw it for yourself. When i get my verter back its going in the forsale section and im getting a PI. This thread is a good one because now im not just a mystery converter failure situation. my yank did exactly what most of these guys did.

danny this post was made before our problem and guess what my brand new yank tt3000 did the identicle thing too your built unit. i got 5 days of use out of my yank before the truck stoped shifting into the gears and when i pulled the pan clutch meterial covered the bottom of the pan and you saw it for yourself. When i get my verter back its going in the forsale section and im getting a PI. This thread is a good one because now im not just a mystery converter failure situation. my yank did exactly what most of these guys did.

Jason, I am not picking sides with anyone, but I am a believer in Yank's products. Everyone gets a bad unit every now and then--just be glad you were able to get it rebuilt in a timely fashion. Another reason why your converter went South so quickly is because you listened to Garrisson on who to have it built.

But I understand where you are coming from--getting a converter and then having it trashed within 5 days would make me slightly apprehensive too. But it is your truck and your converter. No one is gunna hate you for selling the Yank and going with a PI. Do what you seem fit, and I hope it all works out for ya. If you are coming down there to install it, let me know when and I will help out.

All I am saying is, I trusted a "quality" performance name and it costed me 2910$ for a rebuilt tranz. didnt wanna start any waves here. I just stated the facts in my time spent with a Yank stall. I can say i wont buy another one, thats for damn sure. this Yank vz PI is similare to Coke Vs Pepsi. its a matter of taste, and in this case, i will never drink another Pepsi!

:)

Jason, I am not picking sides with anyone, but I am a believer in Yank's products. Everyone gets a bad unit every now and then--just be glad you were able to get it rebuilt in a timely fashion. Another reason why your converter went South so quickly is because you listened to Garrisson on who to have it built.

But I understand where you are coming from--getting a converter and then having it trashed within 5 days would make me slightly apprehensive too. But it is your truck and your converter. No one is gunna hate you for selling the Yank and going with a PI. Do what you seem fit, and I hope it all works out for ya. If you are coming down there to install it, let me know when and I will help out.

As Dan mentioned, paying $3000 to $4000 for a converter is typical in competition circles; paying $1000 for a GOOD converter is not out of line IMO. Please don't read me wrong I am not calling anyone a tightwad by any means, trust me I value every dollar too but there is only so much a $500-600 converter will hold up to and it costs labor and parts to make a converter that will stand up to this kind of loading.

I'm siding with Jas on this subject, I am not a fan of Yank and here's my reason - a good converter company will ask up-front the intended usage of their product and will refuse to sell something that won't live & perform well in that customer's specific application. Yank IMO should have told the customer that their TT-series product is not intended for use in a Radix-blown truck and upsold to one that is engineered and tested to live in that vehicle. I have nothing against the Yank TT converters, they work great provided they are put in the original *intended* application i.e. naturally aspirated truck; the track record of the Yank TT over the last 3 years shows it's a real coin-toss AFA reliability in a forced-induction truck application.

Mr. P.

a good converter company will ask up-front the intended usage of their product and will refuse to sell something that won't live & perform well in that customer's specific application. Yank IMO should have told the customer that their TT-series product is not intended for use in a Radix-blown truck and upsold to one that is engineered and tested to live in that vehicle. I have nothing against the Yank TT converters, they work great provided they are put in the original *intended* application i.e. naturally aspirated truck; the track record of the Yank TT over the last 3 years shows it's a real coin-toss AFA reliability in a forced-induction truck application.

Mr. P.

Damn Steve...it alsmost sounds like you know what you are talking about... :D

I completely agree. But there are some people who don;t care about what vehicle it goes into--as long as they sell a unit, they could careless. There could be 15 different variables, e.g. They wrote down the wrong vehicle/motor info, had a brain fart when considering mods, etc. But when it comes down to it, I will take your side Steve and say that the mentioned converter company should have recommended the best converter for Jason's truck.

But Jason--as you know, aren't all of these problems pointing back to Garrisson for making stupid recommendations? LOL.

Lesson learned.

wtf tyler i havent even heard from yank and i sent it a week and a half ago i dont know if he will fix it or charge me sounds like he will make excuses from what i hear

Edited by MIDNIGHTRIDR (see edit history)

Damn Steve...it alsmost sounds like you know what you are talking about... :D

I completely agree. But there are some people who don;t care about what vehicle it goes into--as long as they sell a unit, they could careless. There could be 15 different variables, e.g. They wrote down the wrong vehicle/motor info, had a brain fart when considering mods, etc. But when it comes down to it, I will take your side Steve and say that the mentioned converter company should have recommended the best converter for Jason's truck.

But Jason--as you know, aren't all of these problems pointing back to Garrisson for making stupid recommendations? LOL.

Lesson learned.

hell no just cause you ask the builder to make it a lil loose doesnt mean the converter will grenade

wtf tyler i havent even heard from yank and i sent it a week and a half ago i dont know if he will fix it or charge me sounds like he will make excuses from what i hear

Oh--by the way you were talking earlier, it sounded like you had already had it taken care of and they were rebuilding it. You sent it in 1.5 weeks ago and no word yet? That is not of Yank's character. Maybe he has fallen into the trap that several other business do...they become super shady when they get busy.

But anyway, good luck with getting it fixed and hopefully Molly will be back on the road soon! I know you love driving the Cavy!