Blackbear Performance Tune

I just got done with the tune procedure with Justin from Blackbear performance and WOW, what a difference a tune makes. I have a 07 2WD ECSB VMAX. I wanted a 93 octane performance tune with 90% of TM removed in normal mode and 100% removed in tow/haul mode. It starts with a $4oo deposit for a scanner cable. After receiving the cable in the mail you download your own copy of EFILive that's licenced to your VIN on to a laptop. Following simple instructions you drive around with the laptop hooked to the diagnostic port on the truck to data log your trucks performance. Then you e-mail the logs to Justin so he can review them. In my case, I had bought a spare set of ECM and TCM from a local junk yard and I then sent them to Justin for him to install the tune on. It took about about a week to round trip through the mail. Swapping out the ECM and TCM takes 5 minutes tops. They just clip in. I had to do the security relearn procedure, which takes 45 minutes, but it is real simple. Now the fun part. Taking it for a drive. The truck drives like a truck should. It has a lot more low end torque with almost no throttle delay. It shifts at 6000 RPM with a firm shift but it is not hard. It is still very drivable for a daily commute. The four second delay is gone so when you have to merge into traffic you can do it with ease. With the added horsepower and torque the truck accelerates without having to down shift as often. An added bonus is my MPG is up. I took the truck on a 130 mile round trip with both highway and city driving and averaged 19.4 MPG. Before, the best it would do was in the 16-17 range. I did have to do the Crank Position Relearn with the new ECM. After downloading a update, and with the help of Justin on the phone to configure the update it was as simple as pushing a button. I then took it for another data log. E-mailed the log to Justin for review, and returned the scanner cable in the mail. The day Justin received the scanner back I got my $4oo deposit refunded. I now have a truck which is a BLAST to drive and a spare set of stock ECM and TCM which can be swapped in 5 minutes for a trip to the dealer. The tune from Blackbear was the best $200 spent on the truck so far. I know there is a handheld unit coming out soon but this way suits my needs better. I highly recommend Justin

I played with a few airflow tables anc coolent temp modifiers plus lots of ve tunning. as soon as it break in some more, I got to start tunning the boost tables

lemme know when so i can give you a hand :driving:

ill go easy on her i promise :fingersx:

can i be an extra spectator or spare right foot :D

-Rob

Its not the truck that I'm too worried about its my retina detaching... I already got that scare two weeks ago. don't need it again.