Seepage.. Danny?

Bonj87

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i just picked up a new pan and fiber\neoprene gasket from FLT. they suggested that after this, if it still leaks, it may not be the pan leaking after all, but maybe something like the dipstick tube gasket, which may have gotten ripped upon installation, but i watched that get installed, and i dont think the tube gasket is the issue.

The best thing to do would be to clean the tranny and drive it fir a day the put it up on a lift and recheck for leaks at which point you should be able to hopefully see where the leak is coming from but i dont know about your situation with your back and all.

ok .

i just got off the phone with my local service shop. (sucks i hurt my back and i cant work on the truck)

tomorrow im droppin off the truck and they are gonna pull the transfer case down. then, they are gonna have a transmission shop look over the transfer case to make sure its ok, and probably half it and reseal it. IF they dont have anything wrong on the inside of the transfer case, it wont be overly expensive.. god willing..

ok .

i just got off the phone with my local service shop. (sucks i hurt my back and i cant work on the truck)

tomorrow im droppin off the truck and they are gonna pull the transfer case down. then, they are gonna have a transmission shop look over the transfer case to make sure its ok, and probably half it and reseal it. IF they dont have anything wrong on the inside of the transfer case, it wont be overly expensive.. god willing..

now it's the transfer case? :confused:

ok the Crazy Bonjie has determined that he thinks its now the output shaft seal for the front drive shaft thats slinging oil on the drive shaft, and that is slinging oil over everything else.

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail....347&PTSet=A

is what im going to order today and replace myself and try to cure The Blue Beast.

honestly, to me it looks like a simple trans pan gasket leaking. i wouldn't go through all the trouble of pulling the xfer case and what not, just clean all the fluid up, tighten the trans pan per Mr. P's instructions, then wait to see what happens after driving it for a day or so.

Its not the trans pan gasket.

its the output shaft oil seal for the front drive shaft.

ill be adding some pics tonight, all taken from my camera phone, so not all the best resolution.

This seal is leaking, its the one i quoted above. when the drive shaft is spinning, its spewing tranny fluid all over the tranfer case, but ONLY in the front of it, all over the underside of the truck floor, but ONLY in front of the transfer case.. the seals between the transfer case, the spacer, the spacer and the transmission are NOT.. i repeat NOT leaking. i will try to add pics of those also as best as I can. they are dry.

the pan APPEARS to leak, but only because the drive shaft slinging fluid slings it forward and it gets on the crossmember, the cat pipes, the linkage, etc. its will then travel forward, wind up on the transmission, and then look like the pan.

its not the pan

post-5458-1214436830_thumb.jpg

it was JUST done saturday.. i paid a shop to replace that gasket..

WTF.. there's a couple bolts you cant get to unless you drop the drive shaft. im not doing that work, my back JUST got better, and i paid good money for that so i wouldnt hurt myself again.

whoa whoa ditch the rubber gasket and get a cork gasket you dont torque it down snug then a quarter a turn beyond the cork then swells for the perfect seal