Seepage.. Danny?

Bonj87

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok. first 40 mile trip with the new seal, and SO FAR.. first glance from the parking lot at work, is the tranfer case looks dry.

ill look closer at it when i get home, but usually by this time i see fluid dripping off the case, so I may have found the cause.. and the cure.

• 1 year later...

just wondering here but did the inner part of that seal spin with the output shaft? or did you even pay attention? i ask cause i replaced mine today and the seal was a very very tight fit over the shaft. and the inner spins on the outer portion.

just wondering here but did the inner part of that seal spin with the output shaft? or did you even pay attention? i ask cause i replaced mine today and the seal was a very very tight fit over the shaft. and the inner spins on the outer portion.

speaking of not paying attention, i wasnt even old enough to drive when this thread was started :jester:

speaking of not paying attention, i wasnt even old enough to drive when this thread was started :jester:

besides that...he may be waiting a while before he gets an answer from fredo since he has been banned.

but to answer your question, the inner will spin.

Edited by WODY™ (see edit history)

well everybody yell about do a search first. if i reply in an old thread it shows i did a search instead of starting a new thread.

thanks for the answer though. i feel better now, i was like WTF while i was installing the thing.

well everybody yell about do a search first. if i reply in an old thread it shows i did a search instead of starting a new thread.

newbs, they just can't seem to do anything right :jester:

but honestly, i don't recall there ever being a thread with a question like yours...better safe than sorry. :cheers:

thanks for the answer though. i feel better now, i was like WTF while i was installing the thing.

you did the right thing :cheers: