Turtlewax Ice

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO. And this is from over 30 years car/truck ownership 6 years selling polishes and waxes to dealerships.

i use the following products, twice a year i take my truck to my Buddy's detail shop www.evolutionvalet.com for full clay bar, machine polish and wax,

the rest of the year i use

Mothers or Maguires Clay Bar (Yellow) when necessary usually before the big shows ( i like a shiny truck)

I use Mothers California Gold Car Wash (2 bucket method with grit guards Handy having a Buddy who's a detailer I've learnt lots from him, even if he is a ford guy )

then i use a leaf blower and towels to dry the truck off and then onto the next stages

California Gold Pre-Wax Cleaner–Step 1

California Gold Sealer & Glaze–Step 2

California Gold Pure Carnauba Wax–Step 3( I prefer hard wax in round tin)

but if I'm short on time i will use the liquid version or maguires Gold Class)

To buff up after a journey i use California Gold Showtime Instant Detailer

I know its starting to sound like a ad for mothers, but i feel they are the best value for money around.

i use babywipes on my leather at least once a week and use a leather cleaner and feed once a month.

for glass i find a cheap supermarket (mall brand) ideal quick on/off and always use fresh paper toweling then Rain-ex.

for Wheels it's Mothers or Maguires chrome cleaner, and same with tire dressing, Maguires hot wheels is becoming a favorite fairley long lasting.

for plastic there's a product over here called Dash Dandy (its a silicone based spray, so use sparingly and not near paint shops) spray a small amount onto a microfibre towel and wipe over.

i have a different microfibre towel for each product, and a lambswool mitten for washing.

for carpets i use shake and vac dont know if you can buy it over there USA but a small amount goes a long way and smells nice..

i can spend a whole weekend on detailing my truck, OH and between details i use showtime to keep her shiny between and always carry a tub of bird and tar wipes for when i get birds leaving messages...

Sorry for the long post, i get carried away when it comes to keeping my cars and truck clean

eamonn

Geez, and I thought I was obsessive compulsive about my truck. I am almost as bad as you are.

:thumbs: we work hard to afford our truck, so keeping it in good condition is only natural, after a house purchace a vehicle is probably the second most expensive item people buy and it amazes me the way some people treat their vehicles, when my truck was parked outside while awaiting new engine and transmission, heidi (my wife) reckon i was like a bear with a sore ass... even my other cars Mitsibushi Lancer and Renault espace are kept clean, washed every week (but i only wax them once every 2 months lol )hey i even clean my tricycle once a month in the summer... and i enjoy detailing my truck and looking at it when its clean and enjoy driving it even more, i dont allow any eating or drinking inside the truck with the exception of bottled water and even then i'm not really happy (i had a buddy open a soda in the back of my old truck and it took me days to get rid of the stains, )

as to the leafblower... Great way of getting all the excess water from window channels door handles and hard to reach places with drying towel, i thought everyone used one... i think i got the idea on here ...my neighbours think i'm crazy, esp as i only use it for my truck never been used in th garden lol...

my buddys detail shop has a water softner supply and i'm considering one for my truck, it would be handy for the Hot Tub too, no water spots on hot days when washing truck and less chemicals in the tub... maybe after the New Hood, cai, brakes etc etc lol

and before and after winter over here i wash and clean under the truck :chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy:

and on another note.. a clean car/truck always sells for more than a dirty one, whic would you prefer???

Rather than using a leaf blower, use the sheeting method. After you are done washing your truck, take off the spray nozzle and turn down the water flow and sheet the water off by using the hose. Makes sense?

This method works awesome if you have a good coat of wax on. There will barely be any water left on the vehicle.

Here is an example.

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)