Just Curious

Im considering adding a TBTC and Zippy shift kit to my SS. Before I take the plunge, I was curious what sort of gains you've all seen with these mods (regarding 1/4 ets). Would .3 to .5 tenths be unreasonable? Also Im looking at just under $1000 for parts and labor, just looking for some reassurance that these mods are worth the $. Any info would be appreciated, thanks :cheers:

Sounds good...I actually recieved my TC today, now Im just waiting for the shift kit. I spoke to Zippy yesterday, looks like its going to take about a week or so (he's pretty busy). I cant wait :cheers:

Any guess as to what et's I could acheive. Like my sig states...I went 14.39 without the LT's and retune. Im hoping to say hello 13's with the LT's, TBTC, Zippy Kit, 160 stat, and retune.

Sounds good...I actually recieved my TC today, now Im just waiting for the shift kit. I spoke to Zippy yesterday, looks like its going to take about a week or so (he's pretty busy). I cant wait :cheers:

Any guess as to what et's I could acheive. Like my sig states...I went 14.39 without the LT's and retune. Im hoping to say hello 13's with the LT's, TBTC, Zippy Kit, 160 stat, and retune.

I would expect 14.0 to 14.1; take all the mods you have and add efans, 3200 stall, and underdrive pulley and the truck will run 13.80 with optimal DA.

Mr. P.

I would expect 14.0 to 14.1; take all the mods you have and add efans, 3200 stall, and underdrive pulley and the truck will run 13.80 with optimal DA.

Mr. P.

No offense Mr. P but I hope your wrong... :cheers: Hopefully I'll get her to the strip this year to find out :chevy:

efans? Are those electric fans? Like the ones from the factory :confused:

No offense Mr. P but I hope your wrong... :cheers: Hopefully I'll get her to the strip this year to find out :chevy:

Yes, efans are electric fans. They replace the stock crank/clutch fan which frees up power (est 17% I believe). E fans come in different systems, you have efans you can use from an LS1, 05+ efans and the new product from Mr P and Sprayed 99 with their electric fans.

You already got the fans stock Mike so you are covered there already. From how your truck runs compared to mine, 13s will be had no problem. I ran 14.53 on my 22s in Yakima and 13.86 on slicks in Spokane. The 14.53 would have been a 14.3 in Spokane I believe. Always have been faster in Spokane. If I can pull that off you should be a tenth or two ahead of me on my 22s.

I am not instigating a race or trying to egg you on at all Mike, but being that Spokane shut the track down, we are using my little bro's TBSS as a gauge. He ran a consistent 13.7 at the track and since he is AWD he should be pretty accurate on the street. When you get done with your truck give us a call if your interested. I wouldn't dare try your truck on the street with my 2wd.........

You already got the fans stock Mike so you are covered there already. From how your truck runs compared to mine, 13s will be had no problem. I ran 14.53 on my 22s in Yakima and 13.86 on slicks in Spokane. The 14.53 would have been a 14.3 in Spokane I believe. Always have been faster in Spokane. If I can pull that off you should be a tenth or two ahead of me on my 22s.

I am not instigating a race or trying to egg you on at all Mike, but being that Spokane shut the track down, we are using my little bro's TBSS as a gauge. He ran a consistent 13.7 at the track and since he is AWD he should be pretty accurate on the street. When you get done with your truck give us a call if your interested. I wouldn't dare try your truck on the street with my 2wd.........

Sounds good, racing your bros TBSS would at least give me an idea. You know me, Its all in fun bro :cheers: We can BBQ some carne asada afterwards :chevy:

I received my TBTC yesterday, hopefully the shift kit will show up soon. I've already scheduled the install, the shop is expecting me late next week. I'll try to get the stat and retune all around the same time too.

Oh, not sure if you knew but Race Wars is July 12th I beleive? You guys going?

OOPS, didnt even realize he was an 05. My bad, as said before by Out2win, Yes, you already HAVE efans so no need to switch.

Whew, I was confused there for a minute :confused: Thanks for clearing that up guys :cheers: