Stock Bose 6 Disc..xm Ready?

Ok so I've been through the first 8 pages of this particular forum and didnt find what I was looking for. I've got an '05 SS with the Bose 6 Disc changer but no XM. I do see that I have the Band Aux/CD buttons. I do not have the XM antenna on my truck. Is the Stock Bose 6 disc XM ready? Can I buy a an XM unit like I bought for my previous S-10 pickup with Pioneer DEH6000 head unit? The unit I bought for the pioneer tucked behind the dash and connected directly to the head unit. It also had its own antenna (which I personally like this antenna better for its smaller than the stock units for our trucks...but I digress). Can anyone give me some help? Or I may just be an :idiot: Idiot!

Can anybody help out here?

I wish I had an answer for you Bishop.

All I can tell you is that my 03 SS has the stock Stock Bose 6 disc and has XM, When I bought the truck in Feb the XM was active and still is to this day :)

I'm sure you have the plug in for it into the back of the Bose, But I couldn't begin to tell you how to hook it up. I don't know if there is an "XM Unit" like you mentioned somewhere or not.

I did tap into that harness (piggy backed) for an iPod cable, but it sure seems like a pretty large harness for just an XM antenna.

Try sending fast4popper a PM he should know.

Good Luck!

Thanks Tzer. If there's a plugin then I know the module I need. I just wanted to make sure of that so I didnt pay for a unit only to rip the dash apart and find out I cant use it! I'll send fast4popper a PM to double check.

NP Bishop.

You can pull the Bose out in about 5 min's if you want to double check yourself.

Pull the dash Bezel off and then 4 screws to the Bose and it's out.

I bet you have the plug in there. :)

NP Bishop.

You can pull the Bose out in about 5 min's if you want to double check yourself.

Pull the dash Bezel off and then 4 screws to the Bose and it's out.

I bet you have the plug in there. :)

Cool! Thanks I'll check it out today if I get a chance. I approciate it!