Supreme Court Bans Death Penalty For Child Rape

zanis520

Umm...life in prison is just a delayed death sentence and its hardly a slap on the wrist....

If this were only true. Offenders in and out of the system merely look at jail time and prison time as a vacation. I asked one guy after seeing him for like the second or third time, why do you keep coming in here, and his response was that this was a vacation for him. I mean think about it, jails and prisons have tvs, food, clothing, weights, basketball, and a roof over their head, all for free for the prisoners. Heck they dont even have to take calls from bill collectors, their drug collectors, or family. They really don't care. But yea there are the few that hate being in confinement, but most think of it as home away from home.

And yes all offenders in this type of crime are held in solitary confinement away from the general population in jails and prisons. If the other inmates get their hands on them, they might as well be dead. Some offenders of this crime commit suicide or are killed by the general population if they are not kept solitary.

That doesn't excuse the fact that what they did was way wrong though. I am with you guys, if it was my child, I would see to it that they were put out of their misery. Being in law enforcement though, its kinda hard to say if death is justifiable for that crime in the justice system, but on a personal level, I think we all know death is justifiable.

I disagree, this happens all the time. A sex offender will get released back into the public and commit the same crime over and over. These people are phucked up in the head and will always go back to their old ways. These type of people don't deserve a chance in hell to live on this planet. They should launch the phuckers up into space and put into orbit, and get smacked around my meteors.

For friendly debate this time...The only reason I disagree with this statement is precisely the point that these people are mentally ill. They do not deserve to die. They deserve a severe beating, they deserve a lifetime of "pound them in the a$$" prison.

But, here is the reason I dissent for the death penalty. I myself having been a victim of a false accusation and prosecution of a sex crime, and almost being convicted...And in addition to the dozens, if not hundreds of innocent men who have been exonerated years/decades after being convicted, I can not support a death penalty for someone who did not take another human life. Our society has evolved far enough to recognize that the animalistic lynch mob mentality is a path to swift injustice. I honestly wonder how many inmates we have executed for murder that were innocent, but will never be proven because they are dead and the courts would never spend the money to investigate it. Wasnt it like 25-30 inmates in Texas alone that were found to be falsely accused, only to be released 20 years after the fact? I understand the anger, and I would never ever want anything horrible to happen to any child or member of my family. That is why life sentences are still in effect even after this ruling. Why keep someone on death row for 20 years? Why execute thema nd waste appeal after appeal? Millions $ per case? Just let them sit in jail and rot. Do you honestly think execution is a punishment in lieu of life imprisonment? I for one, if ever sentenced to life in prison, would rather die than spend 40-50yrs in prison and most inmates feel the same way, its why the suicide rate is so high, let alone the murder rate in prison. And I am also glad we have the justice system we have, as flawed as it is, it does serve some justice and find some temperance. It also gives some second chances, which, depending on the nature of the crime and circumstances, some deserve it after time served.

The criminals you refer to as being let go and offending again might be level III or level II criminal sexual conduct offenders, which involves no penetration, maybe fondling a breast or buttocks. Those are anywheres from 1-15year sentences. Level I can be 30+ years in prison. Level involves penetration. This is just for adults. Adding the fact it is a minor, level I could be a life sentence in this state. So if someone actually penetrates a minor sexually, they would serve a life sentence. That is sufficient to me. But hey, its America, and we have had these debates for centuries, since the framers of the constitution sat down in 1787 and before.

In Michigan, its no picnic. They take the offenders house, cars, assets, etc to pay for jail, hardly free. One of my friends father sexually assaulted his grandaughter, my friends niece. She was 5. He was sentenced to 20years with parole only possible after 15 years. I wont get into details fo what happened as it was personal for his family, but there was no penetration involved. When he was sentenced, they siezed his home, kicked his mom out via a sheriff, took his cars, siezed any money the dad had in the bank and left his mom with nothing. The lawyers basically told his mom to divorce her husband as fast as she could otherwise the state would continue to hound her for support. Obviously, alot of criminals dont have any finances, but the ones that do, get the screws put to them and its no picnic.

And I wouldnt think that most pedophiles and offenders that sexually assault a minor would consider prison a vacation. Maybe a car thief or a drug dealer would, but a sex offender has a mental illness and addiction to this type of behavior that it would it would drive them crazy not to be able to fulfill their addiction. Drug offenders are very similar.

Im sure you being in law enforcement though, you would see alot more than many of us ever could.

Umm...life in prison is just a delayed death sentence and its hardly a slap on the wrist....

before you make some "smart" comment, you may want to read deeper into what i wrote. just like this topic states, reducing the max punishment for one individual crime. i never said that killing someone currently gets you a slap on the wrist, but if they were to reduce the punishment for killing, then the number of killing would go up.

check yourself

before you make some "smart" comment, you may want to read deeper into what i wrote. just like this topic states, reducing the max punishment for one individual crime. i never said that killing someone currently gets you a slap on the wrist, but if they were to reduce the punishment for killing, then the number of killing would go up.

check yourself

:withstupid:

Once a child has been a victim of a sexually commited crime, the emotional scarring will last a lifetime. Their chances of developing addiction or other phsyciatric illness is HIGHLY increased. Rarely will a sexual affender get life in prison, and as I stated before, they will be released back into public and destroy some more innocent lives. And your telling me these kind of people deserve to live???

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

If someone rapes my daughter they better hope the police find them before I do.

I couldnt agree more...I have been watching Surviving history ; great show if y'all havent seen it; and they test midevil torture deviecs...and some look easy to ake and i'm not afraid of doing it.

If someone ever sexually assaulted my daughter I would definately kill them. There are no Ands, Ifs, or Buts about it. They would die. I would then turn myself into the police department and tell them what I had done. I would go to court and plead innocent and state that it was a crime of passion. Hopefully the jury would see it my way,and see that I was so angry that I couldnt help myself and I would be going home. If they didn't see it my way, I guess I will be doing some time, which I would be fully prepared to do if I had to.

I would then turn myself into the police department and tell them what I had done. I would go to court and plead innocent and state that it was a crime of passion. Hopefully the jury would see it my way,and see that I was so angry that I couldnt help myself and I would be going home. If they didn't see it my way, I guess I will be doing some time, which I would be fully prepared to do if I had to.

That defense has actually worked before.