Subwoofers

Hey guys, I am looking into some subs for the SS. Would it be possible to fit either 2 10" W7's or 2 10" W6's under the back seat facing forward without raising the rear seat? Thanks.

Hey guys, I am looking into some subs for the SS. Would it be possible to fit either 2 10" W7's or 2 10" W6's under the back seat facing forward without raising the rear seat? Thanks.

You will need a 2" spacer (or more) for sure; and even with that I'm not so convinced the W7's will fit under the seats even in a forward-firing setup but :dunno: you're gonna have to get the install template off the web and do some creative measuring... I *think* I remember a couple guys running the W6's under the seat. Also, if at all possible you want the subs firing down (ok) or properly loading them off the rear wall (best), by facing them forward you loose half of the volume. G/L

Mr. P. :)

• 2 weeks later...

First off go to a dealer that sells the w7's and w6's. Talk to them first and find out which one will fit best without doing all the modifications to your backseat. Most like I would go with the 2 10's w6's and face them towards the back. I would also highly recommend that you get some dinomat and lay it down too. It just depends on it you don't care about rattle and stuff like that.

The old model W6's fit under the seat facing downward with no modification. the model thats probably 5yrs old now. you can probably find a good pair on ebay.

The old model W6's fit under the seat facing downward with no modification. the model thats probably 5yrs old now. you can probably find a good pair on ebay.

I have a single Alpine type r 12" facing up ported 2.35 ft^3 on 1000 watts

And did 139.1 db on a term lab mic it gets off real good it will jiggle your brains

I have the newer style JL stealthboxes under my seat, they have rear facing 10w6v2's and they sound amazing. they're a little bit pricey but i dont think the sound can get much better :chevy:

JL Audio Stealthboxes

Edited by jhiggz1 (see edit history)

ive got a forward facing box with two alpine type s subs with 150 watts to em and it rattles my head. in my oppinion go with two jl w3v2 subs and the box i got was 110shipped on ebay and the jlw3s are about 300 or less on ebay so 410 bucks plus an amp im running a hifonics amp that was also 120 on ebay it will be plenty trust me im gonna go with the w3s when i can but alpine is awesome to. but most subs are deep like the w6 is 7.6 inch mounting depth and alpine type rs are almost 8inch mounting depth so find a box that can fit the subs and your good trust me if u want w6s you can do it but you will pay a ton. in my oppinion you wont need em