A/c Woes

driftlimo

well now that the temps are sky high, ive noticed some problems with my A/C on the truck. the passenger vents only blow hot air, and the temps are never really that cold. im not that good with hvac in cars, but it seems to me a vehicle only 4 yrs old shouldnt be blowing luke-warm air, and as for the passenger side? wtf, im confused. is this something any other owner has experienced or is mine just a freak?

well now that the temps are sky high, ive noticed some problems with my A/C on the truck. the passenger vents only blow hot air, and the temps are never really that cold. im not that good with hvac in cars, but it seems to me a vehicle only 4 yrs old shouldnt be blowing luke-warm air, and as for the passenger side? wtf, im confused. is this something any other owner has experienced or is mine just a freak?

Here is a question I ask and did get a reply. But I haven't had it looked at yet but when I take it to the dealer here in a few weeks for my free oil change, I'm going to have them look at it and I'll take this printout with me :)

Hope it helps you out as well.

Click Me <---

I never got to say thanks to Mike for the reply because it hadn't happend again and I haven't had it looked at yet... So Thanks Mike. I'll let you all know what happens in my situation.

DriftingSS u might need to get ur AC head pressures checked, as u could be low on freon. More than likely, it is the dreaded AC blend door actuators. Now I was told the left one did NOT require removal of the dash- only the right actuator calls for the whole dash to come out. Anytime an actuator is replaced there is a relearn procedure that is mandatory as well. What that entails I have no ideal...

I just got my GMC back from the dealer for this same (2nd time) problem. Thank GOD I bought the GM extended warranty!!!

Good luck.

thanks for the replies guys. ive heard a little bit about these trucks having problems with the actuators but dont exactly know how to deal with it. is there a write up or a how to on how to fix them or is this a dealership fix?

thanks for the replies guys. ive heard a little bit about these trucks having problems with the actuators but dont exactly know how to deal with it. is there a write up or a how to on how to fix them or is this a dealership fix?

AC recharge, any competent shop can perform this task..........Blend Door Actuators are most likely a dealership fix. :chevy: