60 Mpg

Bonj87

i realize that it looks like pure crap, but it's a successful experiment guy's.. and thats what the point was. i'm sure if they were going to market it, they would have made it cleaner and probably molded it out of abs or fiberglass, shit you could make it out of CF if you wanted to get realy ricey :jester:

i mean look at what gm did with there tahoe/yukon hybrid's.. it was'nt just the hybrid electric system that increased it's economy, it was also due to a lower weight aluminum hood (also lower profile for less drag) and tailgate, light weight alloy wheels with low drag tires, and some other aerodynamic improvements.. the idea is the same except for the hybrid part.

there was a chrysler product in the mid 70's after the oil crisis that had some similar idea's so this is nothing new.. it was called the "feather duster" for obvious reasons. it had an aluminum hood and deck, slant 6 with a 4spd manual overdrive, and some other stuff to reduce weight that slips my mind now, but it was capable of 30+ mpg.

come to think of it i guess chrysler was always thinking outside the box, they were obviously ahead of the game on aerodynamics with there superbirds and daytona's being the first cars ever tested in a wind tunnel.