Pcm Tuning For Cat Converter Cutout

718bklynboy

I would like to remove my cats and weld in some electric cutouts. Can anyone help with tuning the PCM so the post-converter O2 Sensors do not report an error and ignite the lights?

Is this the only approach or is there another way to trick the PCM and Sensors without tuning?

Thanks for your replies...

I would like to remove my cats and weld in some electric cutouts. Can anyone help with tuning the PCM so the post-converter O2 Sensors do not report an error and ignite the lights?

Is this the only approach or is there another way to trick the PCM and Sensors without tuning?

Thanks for your replies...

The only way to disable the rear 02s is by deleting them from the PCM. :chevy:

You could try and find yourself a good pair of NB02 Simulators, but from what I've heard they're getting harder and harder to find.

IMO the best / easiest / most reliable way is just to turn them off in the tune.

You need to "delete" the following DTC's in your tune to prevent the CEL light from popping up:

P0137

P0138

P0140

P0141

P0157

P0158

P0160

P0161

P0420

P0430

If you are concerned with having the emissions readiness checks enabled (for the OBDII emissions check), you should set the codes to "3 - no error reported" and also have the SES box "checked" for EACH code listed (using HPTuners anyway).

You need to "delete" the following DTC's in your tune to prevent the CEL light from popping up:

P0137

P0138

P0140

P0141

P0157

P0158

P0160

P0161

P0420

P0430

If you are concerned with having the emissions readiness checks enabled (for the OBDII emissions check), you should set the codes to "3 - no error reported" and also have the SES box "checked" for EACH code listed (using HPTuners anyway).

x 2....really the only way you should do it :chevy: