Newbie From West Chester, Pa

pacamaro

Hey everybody, I'm Tony. I'm 18 and am completely obsessed with my SS. I met a couple of the "supporting members" at the 2007 GM nationals and found out about this site, I've now been a member for almost a year now. After I spoke to these guys, I became hooked on finding an SS of my own. I searched the web for almost 3 months. Meanwhile, my Dad's best friend (who had currently owned one) heard of my search and decieded to sell me his. He purchased it brand new in 2003, ordered every option, and it had been garage kept and detailed weekly. This guy has had a car collection over the past 40+ years that could put the Petersen Auto museum to shame, so I knew it was worth buying. I bought the 03' in September 2007 and have been overjoyed since (minus the price of Ultra 93 :dry: ) I saw this post so I figured I would introduce myself to everyone. I joined this site mainly for advice and guidance while I customize my truck.

So far I have done some pretty basic mods:

~K&N Cold Air kit

~SuperChip's Programer

~Billet Bowtie

~Billet SS Hitch Plug

~"Fire & Ice" Led Bar (getting that to fit with the rolled bumper cover was not easy)

~Billet door handles (handles only, not the surrounds)

~Painted Calipers Red with SS emblems

~SSBC 14" Rotor upgrade kit (front & rear)

~Replaced factory muffler with Magnaflow Race resonators (Sounds Awesome!)

Coming soon:

~Billet Grilles

~Blacked out tail & 3rd brake lights

~Either 22"s or powder coating factory rims black

~Speedstur tonneau cover

~LS6 Top end conversion kit

So, basically I'm an 18 year old kid that just graduated High School and I'm living almost broke to support my hobby- hahaha. When I drive down the street get looks from some of the hottest chick's I've ever seen, IT'S WORTH IT! :thumbs:

Thanks for letting me introduce myself and I hope to get to know most of you guys better in the future!

Thanks,

TONY

(BTW, if anyone knows of cheap things to do to my truck that would make more HP or make it look cooler etc... I would greatly appriciate it)

SS4LIFE!

Edited by pacamaro (see edit history)

welcome, and good luck with your future mods. and yes, the sss will attract alot of snatch. my advice is to get they're digits right there on the road, its worked for me a couple of times.

and a custom tune is alot better than a handheld programer.

welcome to the forum!! I am not too far from you as well...I am in reading, pa....If your bored tonight swing by maplegrove raceway me and another guy with a TBSS will be up there....we will be there until it closes 10pm... agreed with BlackSS04, I would def look into a custom tune worth every penny!

Welcome to the forum :cheers: Good luck with your SS! Inot that far from you also ,im just outside of Phila . We do alot of meets in the PA, NJ, DEL , NY, and MASS . WE are planing a meet soon hope to see you there . Keep an eye out on the thread . To get more HP you needto get a custom tune from a laptop , (HP TUNER) .

DAM Tim I wish i knew you are going to Maplegrove Raceway 2nite......... I just made plans .......... Have fun and be safe...... your time should good it is going to be cool out 2nite .

Mark

Welcome to the forum :cheers: Good luck with your SS! Inot that far from you also ,im just outside of Phila . We do alot of meets in the PA, NJ, DEL , NY, and MASS . WE are planing a meet soon hope to see you there . Keep an eye out on the thread . To get more HP you needto get a custom tune from a laptop , (HP TUNER) .

DAM Tim I wish i knew you are going to Maplegrove Raceway 2nite......... I just made plans .......... Have fun and be safe...... your time should good it is going to be cool out 2nite .

Mark

yea it was kind of a last minute deal..I have been looking to have a good day/night to go to the track...Mark lemme know whenever you are going to the track...especially saturday and sundays if any places have them...Im dying to finally meet everyone in this area...All the other meets that have been going on through here my plans been falling thru on with family stuff...parties, people moving, etc....have a good night to night and i will post times...