Mid Wesst Meet In Des Moines!

sorry all, i have to CANCELL this meet. no real interest, or times just arent meeting up right, but Ihave some other things going on as well. so we will have to do this another time real soon!!

SORRY!!!

hey guys,

Rich and i have been talkin, we need something to do and we are thinking why not do something with you all on here!!!

here is our first attempt at putting together and official Midwest SS meet of sorts here in DM.

August 15th will be the first day of this shindig, yes we know its a Friday, but there is reason behind our madness.

http://www.eddyvilleraceway.com/2008/2008_schedule.html

this is the local 1/8th mile drag strip, its about 30 mins out of Des Moines, they have a Friday night "Fun night" on this date and i think we could go down there and have some fun, it starts at 5:30 and goes till 10pm. so some of you out of towners could still come on down and play games with the imports. (hinting at you Brent)

after this gathering of fun and games, we can do whatever Des Moines has to offer. late dinner, dancing with the ladies, or dancing watching the ladies. or maybe a lil scooping of the "loop" downtown again playing with some of the Stangs and Camaros down there.

August 16th, Saturday, RICH is working on a local Amsoil/Detail retailer to put on a seminar for us to be shown how to properly wash wax and detail our rides. i am sure this wont be free, but i can also say it wont be expensive, something like 10-20 bucks a head. he has some phenominal cleaning products so if you are in the need of some, this is the place to get em. He has put these seminars on in the past and had great results. We are thinking this might last till about 2ish so from 2 till 6ish we can hang and clean our rides and use our new found wisdom to get ready to hit the local 50's drive in Diner called "Porky's". beer, burgers, brats and just about any kind of car you can find will be here, i would say the place holds about 40 to 50 cars in the lot, usually with a live band. its just a drive in to hang and BS. no prizes, just good times. we will have to get here early tho, as the Vettes tend to overtake the spots. After Porky's we are down for whatever you want to do.

Sunday the 17th, maybe a brunch somewhere and possibly more hangin out, nothing to structured, just good times. Rich's other thought was to get a GREAT camera and back drop and work on a KILLER photo to possibly turn into posters of sorts.

I can possibly help out with hotel reservations, like in the past, i cant overwhelm my connections at the local Sheraton, but i can see what i can do. I do have room at my pad for a few folks, if you dont mind sleepin with Cory and his wife. I hear she snores tho :) (kiddin Karla)

so what you all think? do we do this? who is comin? bring on the replies and lets see what we can do... If you have any other ideas lets hear them!!!

not limiting this to SS's either, so bring what ya want. but the photo will be strictly SS's, sorry!

-C-

Edited by fast4popper (see edit history)

this will be a great opp. to get your photo with a featured SS on the site !! lolol anyway i think it will be a great and fun time.. looked forward to it.. Sunday could a mod day if needed, nothing to major just some quick mods, other gatherings we have spent all out time doing mods and no time to do any cruising or having some real fun.. not that modding up the SS's isn't fun... so come peeps lets get together, the Minnesota Boys are always saying they want to get together, how about you Missouri SS's ??? we know the Illinois Boys will be there.. Cory dont you have any Vacation time left... i want a rematch at a real track not farmer Ted's highway.. I'm thinking the seminar is free, I will get the details this week..

looks like going to the Iowa Speedway would be a better option, its located in Newton Iowa and i looked at their schedule and they have a drag night on that Friday.. it is musch closer to Des Moines and easier for anyone coming in late to get to .. you can get details at http://www.iowaspeedway.com/pdfs/drag.pdf... check it out .. plus found out about the gathering on Sat. with Rick at Prevette's.. he said the cost would be free and that he would provide food and drink.. so we need to in good gesture throw him some greenbacks or bring in some food ourselves.. since he opening his shop to us and info and seminar.. he is a huge car buff like us.. will post time as we nail it down and more details.. ..

anyone? i know this is still a lil ways off, but lets see who can make it. the last shindig was a blast even tho it was snowing. lets do it again!!

Rich has pulled some strings to get some interesting things learned on how to clean our rides. and the drag strip can be a blast, couple that with some great guys and it will be a fun weekend.

:chevy:

Maybe B-rad can get some mazda 3 guys to come,if he can pry them away from their nintendo's.

are you coming B-rent or not Biatch.. there i called you out bring that SSLow cobalt and i will arrange a race with the mazda.. no seriously are you coming, you gotz to bring the SS... bring any of your wife's single friends also !! lolol

Right now the most notice I can get on my work hours is about two weeks,it all depends on how many tons we get produced in the next couple of weeks(we are b-hind).already scheduled for the next two sat. and twelves all week.

thats suck !! keep us posted buddy !!!

I just saw this thread. I wont be able to make this date because Lightning fest is going on that weekend here in kansas city. I am going out to represent on ford-dodge- chevy gruge nite.

are you sure, there is plenty of dodges and fords to beat up here in Iowa, plus you will have about 6 other SS's singing back up..