Anyone Put 295/50/20 Sized Tires On Stock Wheels

SilveradoEsEs

Has anyone put 295/50/20 sized tires on the stock SS wheels? If so, were there any clearance issues?

I'm looking at the General Grabber UHP's. I did a search of the forum for info, but did not get a definite yes from the search topics. Although the positive responses to the Generals are what helped me to decide on these tires.

Mod, can you please delete this topic: http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46134

I worded the title wrong, but can't figure out how to edit it cause I'm a :yellow_loser:.

Edited by SilveradoEsEs (see edit history)

The 295's will fit, I have them on a factory-width rim. AFA will they rub, depends on how much of a drop you've got; you can probably do a 2" drop at most and still clear with the 50-series; I've got 295-45/20s with a 3" drop in front and they've only barely rubbed a couple times in 3+ years when I've driven way too fast on roller-coaster roads.

Mr. P. :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

From what I seen on the web that tire size can cost you some $$$$ when compared to 45 or 55 series and IMO the rims I have seen with tires that wide look a little weird because the tire is so wide but to each his own. I've been kicking around the idea of 285/45/20's, 275/45/20 or stock tires sizes for some 20's I plan to buy. These 22's are too F'ing heavy even though the smaller side wall looks great on a lowered ss. I just might have to drop the ss some more for the smaller tires.

I just installed a set of 305/50R-20XL KUMHO ECSTA STX on my stock rims and let me tell ya, it woke my truck up… looks wise. I was just up at Flagstaff, Az and had to do some minor off-roading with my quad in the back, YFZ450 plus tool box and gas can—maybe 500+lbs, never once did they rub. I say go for it. I would love to post a pick but while doing 90+mph on my quad, my camera decided to do a back flip out of my camelback.

i just put 305/50/20s on my ss put them on aftermarket wheels but same offset and as wide as stock wheels i have had no rubbing at all bigger tires look cool and sorry no pics yet

:withstupid:

I just installed a set of 305/50R-20XL KUMHO ECSTA STX on my stock rims and let me tell ya, it woke my truck up… looks wise. I was just up at Flagstaff, Az and had to do some minor off-roading with my quad in the back, YFZ450 plus tool box and gas can—maybe 500+lbs, never once did they rub. I say go for it. I would love to post a pick but while doing 90+mph on my quad, my camera decided to do a back flip out of my camelback.

nice choice in tire, i got the same ones last year.. never let me down in any condition :)

heres some pics of mine i took last year... (btw they are for sale in case anyone is interseted) sorry about the shameless plug.. :D

post-8665-1216184067_thumb.jpg

post-8665-1216184075_thumb.jpg

post-8665-1216184084_thumb.jpg

post-8665-1216184115_thumb.jpg