Cowl Hood People..............

GetWithIt

Any of you guys that are running a cowl hood..................Did you keep your hood insulation on, or did you remove it? Mine is starting to show its age, and I was debating on replacing or removing completely................

I left mine off! It's much easier to clean & have had no problems with the paint! It's just as shiny as the rest of the truck, but then again I clean my engine bay atleast once a week!

I don't have one on mine yet but I had thought about putting on my old one after I get the hood repainted this Thursday. gmpartsdirect.com shows a price of $48.24 for one but have a $110 :crazy: charge for shipping and handling. I think I'll check with my local dealer and/or local wrecking yard.

Thanks for the replies................ :cheers: ...............I just took a peek under mine, and the hood was never fully shot with paint......................... :rolleyes: Guess that's my fault for not checkin' things out before I left the painters. Anyways, I think I'll take it off for now, and figure out something to "clean it up" as far as the looks go........, might just order another one and use Stitches idea for cutting it to fit the cowl opening............

I don't have one on mine yet but I had thought about putting on my old one after I get the hood repainted this Thursday. gmpartsdirect.com shows a price of $48.24 for one but have a $110 :crazy: charge for shipping and handling. I think I'll check with my local dealer and/or local wrecking yard.
List on one from a dealer is $78.61.