Ebaymotors Info For Selling

NashSS

Ok I'm to a point in my life where I severely have to do something and I have to get rid of my truck. I'm going to put it up on ebay but I have some questions how I should ask for this or that on the listing like shipping. Should I just put shipping is to be taken care of by the buyer or should I call around and get quotes for distances so they have an idea of how much to ship? I do live near an airport which is common flown to by airlines and I can pick someone up from there no problem. The other thing im wondering about that I see on some other ad's is a deposit. This pretty much seals there interest in the truck and some of them say non refundable. I'm unsure about that. Next would be what the best form of payment? I do have a paypal account but Im not sure what else I should except. of course I would except money but I doubt anyone has that much laying around. I do have plenty of pictures and I do have plenty of info on the truck so I'm just looking for a helping hand from my fellow SSers. Also one more thing. I owe about 17,500 on the truck so I'm wondering what should I ask. Obviously I would set a reserve price but not sure where. I was thinking around 17,500 what I owe. I'm seeing 03's going for around 17,500 to 18,000 with more miles than me and less stuff done to it but I know with the graphics it won't be very easy to sell but I'm hoping someone will want my truck if I price it right. Should I put a buy it now price of say 19,000 to see if it just goes for that? Thanks guys. I know this is alot of questions but I'm looking to get rid of my truck as I've made some not so smart choices to help some people out and now they are turning against me so unfortuanatly I have to let my baby go. maybe one of these days I can return with a better and badder SS but til then this is the way it has to be.

I'm not eBay selling savy, but I would think you would want to set the reserve at what you still owe the bank. You have to remember, it is really a buyers market out there for gas guzzlers right now. Granted, there are people that are looking for performance vehicles as well but are they are going to look for the best deal they can get due to the market.

I would say set your reserve for what you owe and hope to turn alittle profit. If you never field a bid near your reserve, you can resubmit your ad and adjust your price from there.

Good luck on the sale and sorry to hear you are letting it go. I know you have mentioned it in the past.

Spend some time reading their seller info for vehicles. Its pretty straight forward. You must spell out what you are willing to cover or not cover in the listing, as you are responsible for what you put in there. I would say something like "shipping is at buyers expense". And that you are "not responsible to get vehicle to shipping pick up, but will help arrange a time for shipping company to pick up vehicle at vehicles current location".

Also, check out this link as, like I said, it was straight forward...

http://pages.motors.ebay.com/help/index.html?_trksid=m37

http://pages.motors.ebay.com/sell/howto/

And here is the vehicle listing and transaction service fees. Looks like it should only cost about $100 total if it sells. Unless, you select buy it now or other services...

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/motorfees.html

Good luck and do your research.

I say eff ebay. if you set a reserve they will charge you. put it on craigslist and diff sites. :chevy:

I agree, try craigslist and autotrader.com first. My buddy had his house up for sale with a well know realastate company for a year with nothing, he stuck the house on craigslist and it was sold within 3 weeks, and he got more then what the agency was asking for it.

I had a car on autotrader.com once and I think the ad was $40.

There all rip offs. Ebay will charge 40 to list it and if the trucks sells you will pay 50 more. I would put the reserve at what you are willing to part with it for. If it dont hot the reserve you are only out 40 bucks. As for the Shipping you can do what I did have the buyer arrange there own shipping. On the deposit note I would charge a 500 paypal deposit to cover the fees if the buyer back outs and the rest in a certified check from a bank so you can verify its good.

Autotrader charges any where from 40 to 80 depending on the package and how long you want to list it for.. I listed my car on there but I do get spam couple of times a week.

yeah ebay is BS for selling cars. Put it on autotrader and its like $40 or 50 to keep it up til it sells. EBay is another $40 every time you re-list it. You always get way less on ebay too cause people know you need to sell it soon. I wouldnt do it.

Oh yeah, when I listed my old car on ebay I got all kinds of offers for trades, but they were all a POS

I have had it on autotrader for a while now but nothing coming of it. Im resolving to ebay as a last result but i'm pretty confident that it will sell but I don't know until I try. I'm not getting any hits on it whatsoever locally or on autotrader or the many sites they put it on. I would try to trade but I know I'll get rammed up the ass with trade value.

ebay can be a pan to sell a vehicle, especially when it comes to shipping a truck. A lot of times you will get a lot of scam offers so I hope you can pick them out of the bunch. Make sure you get a deposit no matter what because your truck is worth high dollars. I would state in the shipping area that whoever is interested to contact you first before placing a bid if the truck needs shipped somewhere and go from there. The fee's on ebay are getting higher and higher and its ridiculous how much it costs now compared to a year or so ago.

Have you tried craigslist? If so with no luck try to expand it to bigger cities in nearby states maybe and offer to meet or deliver for a certain cost. It a shame you have to sell but best of luck. I buy and sell on ebay all the time but stay away from anything that is over 5g's I am listing because of a lot of BS.

I have sold my 92 Typhoon on E-bay, my brother's 03 silverado and also bought my current beater (98 Cav). Each time, I did the deal OUTSIDE of E-bay with a certified check or cash in PERSON. I used E-bay to get the attention. E-bay has worked for me but WATCH out for the scams. I got about 20 for the Typhoon and they all seemed legit looking. Crazy :cheers:

May also wish to check out craigs list...

Edited by Krambo (see edit history)