Stock Harness Not Giving 12 Volts? Gmos-04 Drama...

So not too long ago I installed my Avic D3 along with the bypass to let you watch videos and change the point of interest on the nav while the truck is in motion. Everything worked fine except for the bypass. Apparently I didn't do something right so, plus I knocked of a tiny resistor and messed up the inside of the interface while trying to adjust the chime level. After that, the head unit would still come on but I didn't wanna risk shorting or burning anything out so I didn't turn it back on until I got a replacement interface. When I got the replacement I plugged in the harnesses and it would turn the head unit even when the key wasn't in the ignition. I read from punkt71's thread on here before that he had the same problem and that some interfaces were faulty.

So again, I exchanged for ANOTHER interface... Replaced it and turned the head unit on for a little, then turn back off.

Fed up with the bs, I finally had my friend, who installs car audio for a living, re-wire and connect another GMOS-04 harness and interface up neatly along with doing the bypass. When he finished, he connected the head unit, turned the key to ACC and the head unit didn't turn on. He checked to see if he was getting voltage for the acc all through out the harness (testing at the plug or whatever he said) and he got nothing, even when the key turned nothing from the truck harness...

He checked the fuses and still couldn't figure it out. He said he could tap directly into the trucks acc wire or something but what gets us is that I had it working perfectly fine before. Is it possible that I accidentally fried something in the stock harness? Any ideas? We're totally lost...

Are you using the axxes part by metra? GMOS-04? These are very prone to work incorrectly... I manage a stereo shop and we stopped using them.... try to find a peripheral gmah24 or 24b if you have bose.... you will have to get the chime module also if you want the warning tones

Yeah it is the metra, I got some more replacement interfaces for free, 5 to be exact and ONE of them worked correctly! Of course, I had to go and break that one haha.. anyway yeah I'm getting the peripheral 24b. I thought that was the one that retained all the warning tones also?

Yeah it is the metra, I got some more replacement interfaces for free, 5 to be exact and ONE of them worked correctly! Of course, I had to go and break that one haha.. anyway yeah I'm getting the peripheral 24b. I thought that was the one that retained all the warning tones also?

it does retain chimes, but does it thru an add on module. i have one in my ss and didnt do the chime add on. it is so nice not hearing that thing blast in my ear everytime i start the truck.

and i agree, you have a POS module there. i usually dont bash things i dont use, but i have done one of these and hated it. it didnt work and looked really cheeply built

• 2 weeks later...