Removing Water Spots

what is the best way to remove water spots off of paint and glass? I washed my truck and they are still there.

You can use steel wool for the glass, but make sure it is fine. It comes in grades so look for 0000000's. You can use it for all your chrome too. If the water spots on the paint are bad you will have to clay the truck, and then use a quality cleaner wax. If they have been on there long they may be etched into the paint. If they are not bad then a distilled vinegar may help. Good luck.

I use a detailer spray wax, spray on, and wipe off, seems to work just fine.... RainX window cleaner is what I use on the glass and shiney stuff.

that usually just hides them but there are actually still there if you look closely at an angle

I dry mine top to bottom with a leaf blower, no water spots here after washing. For glass, an alcohol based window cleaner should work fine, it can be used on chrome also...but if the marks on chrome are heavy, polishing is the answer. For paint, a spray detailer works fine with a great coat of wax......when you have little or no wax protection, then it can get ugly. :chevy:

that usually just hides them but there are actually still there if you look closely at an angle

I dry mine top to bottom with a leaf blower, no water spots here after washing. For glass, an alcohol based window cleaner should work fine, it can be used on chrome also...but if the marks on chrome are heavy, polishing is the answer. For paint, a spray detailer works fine with a great coat of wax......when you have little or no wax protection, then it can get ugly. :chevy:

Maybe that's why it works for me :D

sorry for the hijacking of the thread but what about bird shit stains? I detailed the sss and had 1 bird shit and it stained the hood :( .

as for your question I normally have the truck waxed at least once a month and then I use some Mcguires (sp) detail spray after every wash. :chevy:

sorry for the hijacking of the thread but what about bird shit stains? I detailed the sss and had 1 bird shit and it stained the hood :( .

as for your question I normally have the truck waxed at least once a month and then I use some Mcguires (sp) detail spray after every wash. :chevy:

Try a good bug/tar remover, and if that doesnt work, try clay bar. :chevy:

Bird droppings are very acidic and will etch the paint if left on too long. Meguiars Scratch X will hide it, but you will find it hard to remove. Use a foam wax pad and work the Scratch X in. It will take a few times, but it should at least smooth the etching out so you don't see it. Good luck.

I just Porter Cabled the wifes black Grand Am. water spots got ate right up.

It may be possible by hand to remove them but ya arm would be dead afterwards. Beleive me I've tried before.

I'd say invest in a DA buffer. I'm in the process of learning mine but it's been going well so far. Pretty safe machine IMO

To remove mineral spots, wipe down with straight vineagar & microfiber towell - it dissolves mineral spots. Then dry/buff with a separate microfiber towell. Body clay will also work but I would do the vinegar first.

If bird poo or bugs have left their mark it's because the organic acids actually ate the top layer of clearcoat; you have to polish that out, I use 3M swirl mark remover.

Mr. P. :)