Noob With '05 Ss

dmf21209

Well, just got back to the states on sunday, bought the SS on tuesday. Learned most of what I know about cars on nissans, messed with them quite a bit while I was stationed over in japan. Have always been a fan of SS's, and happen to see this one hidin in the corner of a dealership, and couldnt pass it up. I dont know much about SS's and what different models there are and whatnot, but am lookin forward to learning. This site has already given me a hell of alot of info.

Future plans... up in the air... dunno if I'm gonna make this a huge project yet or not, but in the meantime will be adding simple upgrades like headers. Exterior wise I'm going to be ordering a roll pan and shaving all the antennas, and that's about all I'm gonna do for the exterior. I'm a firm believer in keepin the exterior simple.

from what I can see(and hear), it's got an aftermarket intake and side exhaust. Not sure exactly what aftermarket parts are the best to start with on these trucks, so any advice is appreciated...But yes, I WILL BE USING THE SEARCH FUNCTION, and not postin a 100th post on intakes, exhaust, etc :D

DSCN0049.jpg

DSCN0050.jpg

DSCN0051.jpg

DSCN0053.jpg

DSCN0054.jpg

DSCN0055.jpg

DSCN0056.jpg

welcome to the site. Looks like whoever had it before you got the right idea on what and what not to do. See youve got a volant intake which might even be the ram air intake one if there is a tube running from the intake to the front right scoop then you are set on that. As far as exhaust you can just looks underneath at the mufflers and probably tell what it has. like Rays B4U said there are only 2 rollpans that work with the SS due to the body cladding on the bottom 3rd of the truck. if your looking into performance some of the more common things done to an SS would be full exhaust system which headers the most common 2 are dynatech and pacesetter. The dynatechs have a bolt up system that includes either a offroad y pipe or one with high flow cats. Another common mod would be to tune the pcm and I don't mean by using a handheld programmer either, get a mail order tune which some guys like Zippy and Wheatley are 2 most common guys here that do that. Everyone here has probably tried one thing or another when it comes to performance so just ask and someone can chime in to give you a hand.

The color and tint is really what caught my eye. I really like the blue as well, but sometimes bein in the air force that color just gets old :lol: I drive around blue silverado's every day...

Welcome Aboard! Nice truck, good choice on color! You mentioned a rollpan; we have two members BSER & PUFFERSS who make and sell them for the SSS's, regular silverado roll pans won't look right because of the SS's body cladding, pm them for details and pricing.

THANKS! See that's what I'm talkin about, had no idea you couldnt use the regular silverado roll pans

Congrats..you have a Volant CIA those are top of the line.... :pepsicheer:

Ya I could see it was "volant" but I've never heard of em before, good to know it's good quality stuff... Probly woulda swapped it out for somethin else :banghead:

welcome to the site. Looks like whoever had it before you got the right idea on what and what not to do. See youve got a volant intake which might even be the ram air intake one if there is a tube running from the intake to the front right scoop then you are set on that. As far as exhaust you can just looks underneath at the mufflers and probably tell what it has. like Rays B4U said there are only 2 rollpans that work with the SS due to the body cladding on the bottom 3rd of the truck. if your looking into performance some of the more common things done to an SS would be full exhaust system which headers the most common 2 are dynatech and pacesetter. The dynatechs have a bolt up system that includes either a offroad y pipe or one with high flow cats. Another common mod would be to tune the pcm and I don't mean by using a handheld programmer either, get a mail order tune which some guys like Zippy and Wheatley are 2 most common guys here that do that. Everyone here has probably tried one thing or another when it comes to performance so just ask and someone can chime in to give you a hand.

Will probly end up doin that sometime, the mail order tune. I already read up on the thread sayin the programmers were crap, and the header sticky as well, and will be goin with dynatech. I've dealt with pacesetter before and wasnt satisfied.

Before you settle on dynatech, be sure ot read up on OBX as well. It could save you alot of coin for pretty much the same thing. You still might want to go dynatech if you are in an emissions county in Ohio as dynatechs are the only ones offering emissions passing cats.

So, where about are you in Ohio?

dayton/fairborn area

Before you settle on dynatech, be sure ot read up on OBX as well. It could save you alot of coin for pretty much the same thing. You still might want to go dynatech if you are in an emissions county in Ohio as dynatechs are the only ones offering emissions passing cats.

Not sure if this county is or not, but will check out OBX too.