Picked Up A 2008 Challenger Srt-8

AUTOGUY

Here it is...2008 Challenger SRT-8, Hemi Orange Pearl, 6.1L 425 HP.

My brother and I recently designed a 1970 Challenger T/A Style Stripe kit to fit the new cars, and installed one as soon as we got the car home.

Challenger_TA_Install3.jpg

Good looking car bro. I cant wait till 2011 im going to buy a new camaro 728 (if they make them)

it will be avalilable early 2009 with the ss package boasting a 6.2l 42x hp motor . so dont worry but imo what im planning is zo6's will be much cheaper by then and even though the maro is the new hot car the z06 still is faster and is more of a race car which i like. and the price will be very close. figure 43 fullly loaded ss camaro or a slightly used z06 for a few grand more.

btw sorry for the hijack , i like the stripes but i think they should go the full legnth of thae car

those stripes look nice!! i'm guessing the hood stripes aren't the carbon fiber ones? all the ones I've seen so far have the the CF stripes. no idea Dodge did those.

The Hood Stripes do have the Carbon Fiber print pattern on them. It is hard to see at the angle the pics are taken at. We are making replacement Hood Stripes in Colors to match all of our stripe kits too.

btw sorry for the hijack , i like the stripes but i think they should go the full legnth of thae car

These are a copy of the original 1970 T/A stripes. We hooked up with a guy that has an original '70 with 15K miles and the original stripe kit still installed. he gave us all the dimensions we wanted.

These are '70 T/A's...

ta_pic.jpg

70_ev2_ta_lf.jpg

See the resemblence?

IMG_0223.jpg

Edited by AUTOGUY (see edit history)

good looking car IMO. but the performance numbers arent quite what i had anticipated from dodge. I believe the rated 1320 is 13.9x. Which for a 425hp car is not the greatest. I did hear that they will do 178mph though, which isnt too shabby!

aren't they all 6sp automatics?!

sweet car for sure... just not feeling the stripes... the old classic version, the stripes fit that body style...

these new stripes take away a little from the sleekness of the new body style and makes it look dated.

Just a thought, instead of following the old style of stripes, why not improve them like dodge did with this updated version... the car was updated, maybe update the stripes? anyways, it's just my opinion :dunno:

i bet that took a lot of time and patience to get them on perfect...

sweet car for sure... just not feeling the stripes... the old classic version, the stripes fit that body style...

these new stripes take away a little from the sleekness of the new body style and makes it look dated.

Just a thought, instead of following the old style of stripes, why not improve them like dodge did with this updated version... the car was updated, maybe update the stripes? anyways, it's just my opinion :dunno:

i bet that took a lot of time and patience to get them on perfect...

I like them. and I think once some Challenger enthusiasts see them, you're gonna see more out there. I wouldn't really call them "dated". You know full well that when the Camaro comes out, someone is gonna make the old Bumblebee nose cone stripe, the rally stripes, and the hockey stick stripes. It's inevitable. Hell, I'm thinking silver with black rally stripes if I can get one. Ford did it with the Mustangs too. That's part of having the retro styling of the cars. To resemble the old but have a better car.

By the way, what year did Dodge make the stripes that had the hash marks that went up the C pillar?

EDIT: nevermind, it was the 74 Plymouth Road Runner. the stripe continued up the C pillar and the hash marks went across the roof

Edited by KJT13 (see edit history)

looks good man, in fact it looks almost like you took the stripes off the 70' T/A and placed them on the new Challenger, Thats an exact match!

I am with you guys, it seems like a whole lot of muscle in that car to be that slow, I imagine with some aftermarket suspension components and a change in gearing and that new Challenger will fly!

good looking car IMO. but the performance numbers arent quite what i had anticipated from dodge. I believe the rated 1320 is 13.9x. Which for a 425hp car is not the greatest. I did hear that they will do 178mph though, which isnt too shabby!

aren't they all 6sp automatics?!

Actually most of the mags that have been doing tests on them are running from 13.0 to 13.5's bone stock. With a CAI, Exhaust and a tune, 12's are a given.

It is a 5 speed auto. All of the 2008's are autos. The 2009 will be available with a Tremec 6 speed.