Powder Coating Question?

jon1178

I have been contemplating getting my wheels powder coated for a while now and I think I am going to go ahead and it. My wheels are polished aluminum and the upkeep is becoming to time consuming for me. I am planning on coating just the middle black and leaving the lip polished. Will I have to have the wheels polished before coating or will they be ok the coat with just a good cleaning since they will be black and not clear.

if it was me id have them polished, then powdercoated black in the center and then clear coated over everything to seal the polished part, this way the up keep will be very minimal.

if it was me id have them polished, then powdercoated black in the center and then clear coated over everything to seal the polished part, this way the up keep will be very minimal.

that is exactly what i am going to do found a guy locally that was recommended by multiple people. i called him today and he said he would do it for $100 a wheel.