The Official Camaro Specs

KJT13

Chevrolet's OFFICIAL Camaro Page.

http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/

one appearance package I noticed... The RS Appearance Package available on LT and SS, with HID headlamps with integrated halo ring feature, spoiler, specific taillamps and 20-inch wheels2

Edited by KJT13 (see edit history)

sorry but 400 hp in todays market is just a dam shame, i hate it when i see a concept and just say when it comes out now im sure i wont buy one. how can you wait longer than the charger and then make it have less power .

but this was also true for the gto the first years had the ls6 and then it got the ls2 as with the cts-v so buyer beware they are sure to drop something better within a year or two.

i know i will be buying a used c6 06 after i buy my house.

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)

i know i will be buying a used c6 06

I agree. I was at a power boat racing event over the weekend where a Dodge dealership had a new Challenger on display. I was talking to them about pricing and they said they were asking $50k for each one. He was trying so hard to sell me one, it was funny. I basically told him drop it to $35k and I'll think about it. He asked why would He do that? I told him I would rather buy a 05-06Vette for around $35-40k and smoke that challenger all day every day anywhere. He kind of just looked at me blankly...

Some will buy it just because its a camaro though. I do like it, but I'm afraid of being asked to shell out $40k for one when they come out, or more...

sorry but 400 hp in todays market is just a dam shame, i hate it when i see a concept and just say when it comes out now im sure i wont buy one. how can you wait longer than the charger and then make it have less power .

but this was also true for the gto the first years had the ls6 and then it got the ls2 as with the cts-v so buyer beware they are sure to drop something better within a year or two.

i know i will be buying a used c6 06 after i buy my house.

Just about the same thing they did with the Silverados SS. A 15/quarter mile "sport truck" is rediculous, and the fact that they knew the lightning would woop! the SS. But I can't talk too much smack concidering I own one, lol.

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

I do like it, but I'm afraid of being asked to shell out $40k for one when they come out, or more...

They will go for more when they first come out if the demand is there. That's why I was planning on waiting till they were out for a couple of years first. Not to mention, there are always bugs that need to be worked out the first year of most every car.

And as Chase said, they will end up putting a bigger motor in down the line. That was the original idea with the rumored Z28 so who knows. :dunno:

Looking good, I would of liked to have a little HP too, but I think the 6.2L with 422hp and six speed would be fun :cheers: Im not to thrilled about the gauge cluster though, I like the more retro look, maybe some white face gauges or something? The Challenger has a nicer interior/gauge cluster IMO.

In all fairness about the horsepower, it is only 3hp shy of the Challenger SRT8 and it weighs almost 400lbs less than teh Challenger also. It should be almost .3-.5 seconds quicker in the 1/4, especially with the 6 gears instead of the Challengers 5 gears (or does the challenger have a 6spd auto? cant remember). They cant build a camaro that sells for less and will beat their flagship corvette, unless its a special model like a limited Z28 or something. Either way, I beat a Challenger with my Silverado a few weeks ago before my trans went.

In all fairness about the horsepower, it is only 3hp shy of the Challenger SRT8 and it weighs almost 400lbs less than teh Challenger also.

i completely agree, what are these guys talking about when 400+ isnt enough for todays standards, maybe they need to take a look at the crazy standards set by the liberal hippies for the upcoming years. On top of thast good luck modding and tuning the challanger, it should be as much fun as the ram guys had tuning their trucks.