Guage Cluster - Gm Class Action Lawsuit

Stitches040

Hey All ...

Did anyone else receive this in the mail? I got it yesterday, 07/21/2008.

It if for pending litigation in a class action lawsuit against GM for the malfunctioning Guage Clusters. Is anyone going to take part in this??? What's your opinion on it??

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

I haven't recieved nothing but I'm not the original owner either. But I did notify GM and give them my info after I purchased the truck. (I know GM isn't the ones sending this letter out btw LOL).

My gauges are working but I do have a light or two out. I'm thinking about trying to have it replaced for the lights before I reach the mileage of, What is it? 70,000?

If they will replace it for lighting or not I don't know.

So I doubt I'll participate in it as well.

Whats the recall mileage? I'm at 68k and my speedo has stuck half a dozen times on me. Also, my trans temp background led is burnt out.

I received my letter last week. I will participate in it as I refuse to pay to replace an entire cluster for one LED.

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

To clarify it states...

Who is in this class

The proposed class consists of all current owners and lessees of the model year 2003-2005 GMT800 Platform vehicles manufactured on or before December 31, 2004 who are residents of the United States. The makes and models included are Chevrolet - Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, and Tahoe; GMC - Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL; or Cadillac - Escalade, Escalade ESV, and Escalade EXT....

...owners or lessors of the model year 2005 GMT800 Platform vehicles manufactured after December 31, 2004, are not in the class.

Yeah, I heard there's a recall for the 2003 models. I had a 2003 Suburban that the gauge cluster messed up and I got the recall letter for my Suburban, but by the time the letter came I didn't have the Suburban anymore. I guess a lot of GM trucks gauge cluster have messed up so I guess that's why GM has a lawsuit against them.