Have Any Of You Guys Had A Kidney Stone

diggerdan11

Oxycodone is the active molecule within the brand name "Oxycontin". It is an opiate. I work within the company Purdue Pharma (in Totowa, NJ) which is the world's largest manufacturer of Oxycodone and owns the registered trade mark "Oxycontin". Purdue Pharma markets Oxycontin as a slow release formula because of the excipients they use within the tablet.

It is very interesting to see when they ship a lot of Oxy to their distributers. The entire facility goes under lockdown and up to 5 trucks leave the building at once with only one containing the actual shipment. They do this now (in part with the Federal controlled substances act) due to a "missing truck" back in like the early 90's that was reportedly hijacked by an organized crime unit (The Italian Mob of NYC). The truck had a street worth of $200 million.

Yes sir. "Percodan" is oxycodone with aspirin and "Percocet" is oxycodone with acetaminophen (Tylenol). The time released formula that Purdue markets under "Oxycontin" doesn't apply here and often these have a effective duration of only like 4 hours.

Back on topic, my wife had a stone and said it was a 10/10 on the pain index with the birth of my two girls being a 8/10. She said it helped to lay belly down on your knees. Other than that, pound the water and hope that it "makes its way out" as quick as possible.

Oh, by the way, since you were prescribed Oxycodone you are now on a government watch list :uhoh: If you happen to obtain multiple prescriptions from multiple doctors within a certain period of time, keep a lookout for a dark tinted Crown Vic tailing you around. :ughdance:

very interesting kevin , thats pretty wild perscription drugs like this have got to the point where they are so valuble to druggies. that they are sending decoy vans. i googled street value on oxycontin and was amazed at what people will pay for the, even some are known to boil them down and shoot them up . f'in crazy .

they also originally marketed oxycontin 160 mg and people would od on single pills. to me it seems like the governement makes more powerful and imo dangerous drugs than actual illeagle drug makers do . i guess its a good thing the governement is trying to regulate them to the correct people.

to bad the u.s. new biggest drug problem is perscription drugs and what the younger crowds are getting into.

ok sorry for jumping way off topic .

very interesting kevin , thats pretty wild perscription drugs like this have got to the point where they are so valuble to druggies. that they are sending decoy vans. i googled street value on oxycontin and was amazed at what people will pay for the, even some are known to boil them down and shoot them up . f'in crazy .

they also originally marketed oxycontin 160 mg and people would od on single pills. to me it seems like the governement makes more powerful and imo dangerous drugs than actual illeagle drug makers do . i guess its a good thing the governement is trying to regulate them to the correct people.

to bad the u.s. new biggest drug problem is perscription drugs and what the younger crowds are getting into.

ok sorry for jumping way off topic .

ya, i have a couple of friends that got heavy into oxycotin and were actually smoking the pills on tin foil. crazy bastards. they also used to take roxycets like they were candy.

My pops had actually a few about 2yrs ago, he was in so much pain he was kneeling and laying on the floor all day. He went to the emergency room and also received vicodin and he would get rid of the pain but in like 2hrs it would comeback! So the doc gave him a choice: blast them, or stick one of those catethers, surgery(very rare in kidney stones) or just plain and simple JUST PASS IT!!!!!! So the next morning he is literally yelling and screaming his lungs out passing the stone(s)! He described the pain as when....well it can't be described. He is now taking a pill called "irucit k" its supposed 2 balance out his electrolytes to prevent kidney stones in the future. It is said that kidney stones are the way a man feels the excruitiating pain of giving birth. Well sort of... I hate kidney stones!!! Sorry 4 long post.lol..

Hey ive had it 2 times all I can say is OMFG, but I have help for you get some anti-inflams the type you shove up your butt! yes thats what I said your ass. It will work, its worked for me just be carefull on drinking too much fluid if you cant piss much

My sister (who is almost done with her RN school) told him to keep them when they pass - there are different types and they can test them and give you suggestions on what you can do to keep them from coming back. He said you can actually feel them traveling from the kidney through the pipes (when they travel from the kidney to the bladder they hurt, and then when they get to the bladder they don't feel bad until they, well, 'go toward the exit')

The above statements are true! I passed a stone back in '95. My doctor told me to piss into a small strainer to "catch" the stone. Tests showed that it was because of calcuim. Doctor said they were due to the protien shakes I was drinking.

Good News i passed it today when i was out camping. It actually did not hurt that bad, it just stung for a second then no more pain.

My family was joking and said i gave birth, it was 3mm and weighed aprox 2/10 of a gram. I named it Steve lol :jester:

hey i was just wondering if any of you guys have ever had a kidney stone...

No (thank god) but I did have a very dear friend back when I was a teen who suffered from them regularly and I really feel for you, I know it's just unbearable. Hope that you do get well and are back on your feet very soon.

- Mr. P.

PS - I've heard of a home remedy consisting of downing a couple 2-litre bottles of soda?! It happened to my ex brother-in-law, I will have to ask what he was prescribed because in his case it worked. :dunno:

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

I passed one when i was 18. It was painful but quick. I was using the restroom and the pain hit it almost dropped me...shortly after mid stream it was like holding your thumb over a hose..then tink...a grain of sand was in the toilet. WTF :( I have not had any problems since..It was a scary experience let me tell you....Good luck brotha