Need Some Help Please Don't Get Mad At Me

Ok I did a lot of searching on here and i got some more questions. Ok first I bought a set of Lt OBX headers for a member on here. (thanks Rick-Vor). I want to put them on but should I get them coated. I do live in mass. And I will be putting on a Procharger.

2: Will I pass Inspection with them on?????

3: should I or do I need to get a tune?????

4: can I or should I use all of the o2 sensor ports

Please guys I need to get some more info on this.. thanks in advance. Jess

the only way to pass inspection is with CAT's on with all O2's. the factory cats will need moding for that header or you will need to purchase some aftermarket cats. If your getting the procharger soon i would wait and get the tune with it. get them coated!!!

Jesse, since your in MA you definitely need to coat them, the harsh winter road salt will pit the crap out of bare stainless. You will need to re-tune for the new headers as well. Plan on having new mid-pipes with high flow cats fabbed up with sensor bungs so that you will pass the visual inspection. It is up to you if you want to wait and tune everything at once, or take it in steps. Does MA do an ODB read for inspection or do they use the sniffer?

no sniffer in sept its a new law its gonna be 95 and up just obd and 95 and under u can run anything there is gonna be no test so u can run straight pipes. but i have high flow cats that are prtty much like the obxs and i passed i live right outside of boston to so u should pass

no sniffer in sept its a new law its gonna be 95 and up just obd and 95 and under u can run anything there is gonna be no test so u can run straight pipes. but i have high flow cats that are prtty much like the obxs and i passed i live right outside of boston to so u should pass

This rumor has been circulating the local shops here for the last 4 years or so... It is NEVER going to happen. The EPA will not allow old cars that used to be emissions controlled to become non-controlled.

The only thing that I could see becoming reality is the removal of the dyno from inspection stations. Less vehicles require its use, and they are very costly to rent and repair. This would mean emissions testing for 84-96 vehicles would be a two-speed idle with a sniffer (which is much easier to pass).

And no matter what, you will never get away with straight pipes (legally). In order to pass a visual inspection, a car that came with converters must still have them on. Even though you might not have to pass emissions, you would still need cats to get a sticker.

In either case, I'll believe it when it happens. Right now, it's just a rumor.

well on my 88 Gmc we put a high flow cat and it has passed every year. maybe i will get some High flow cats and put them on. My buddy is a very good welder. thanks guys. I wrote to tj to get a quote and no response. I would like to them coated